Game not responding after every single player mission

Started by apocalipsus, September 30, 2016, 10:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apocalipsus

Hello.
I've been playing the game for sometime now, and notice that everytime I complete a single player mission and hit the "exit mission" button, the game either:
- Shows the loading screen and stops responding (i've waited around 4-5 minutes) with no luck (after sometime windows says program stoped responding)
- Completely crashs with a message box that looks like: "Runtime stoped responding" (i'll try to take a screenshot of the message next time it appears)

The demo worked fine, I did the first 5 missions and nothing wrong happened, only now with the final version of the game.
I'm using the steam version of the game.

Thanks

Sorrontis

Can you please give us details about your CPU?
Can you grab the logs?

Also, try to uninstall. Restart your computer. Reinstall. You might have a corrupt file. Good luck :D
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

apocalipsus

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 30, 2016, 10:14:16 AM
Can you grab the logs?

Also, try to uninstall. Restart your computer. Reinstall. You might have a corrupt file. Good luck :D
Hello.
Thank you very much for the response.
I have a laptop with an Intel P8600 cpu, but this shouldn't be the issue since the demo worked fine.

I don't seem to find the logs you're asking me about. I've tryed looking on "my documents" on the particlefleet folder and I don't see any log there. Mybe it's somewhere else?

I'll try to verify the cache using steam. If that doens't work I'll unistall reboot and install again.

Sorrontis

Hi Apocalipsus. Follow this guide please,

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21384.0

edit: sorry, it seems I typed "CPU" I meant OS.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Builder17

I have same problem on my home computer , crash info attached.

BTW , forum could maybe allow attaching log files?

knucracker

You're getting out of memory errors from your GPU:
d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1599 w=1024 h=768 mips=11 d3dfmt=22 [out of memory]

apocalipsus

Hello.
Well i seem to be having the same problem as the user before, it seems to be running out of memory also.
Here is my log file:

I find it odd since the demo worked fine.
Oh well. Nothing I can do i suppose

Karsten75

Quote from: apocalipsus on October 04, 2016, 08:00:37 AM
Hello.
Well i seem to be having the same problem as the user before, it seems to be running out of memory also.
Here is my log file:

With all due respect,  that seems to be a very old computer?

I'd love to see the full specification from something like Speccy. Eg. Here is my 3-yo computer...

Anyway, it seems yo have integrated graphics that shares RAM between the graphics processor and the actual CPU? If so you may be able to allocate more RAM to the graphics component, if you aren't too RAM-constrained overall. DOn't ask me how, it's been years since I've had to do that, but Google might help.

yum-forum

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 30, 2016, 10:14:16 AM
Can you grab the logs?

Yes. My problem with computer exactly the same. Yesterday I upgraded videoadapter up to 2Gbite (NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (2048Mbite)),
problem remains and started crashed (logs in attachment).
Computer data: Intel Pentium 4 631, 3000 Mhz (15x200), Asus P5LD2 Deluxe, Memory 3584 Mbite (DDR 2-800 DDR2 SDRAM).
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

apocalipsus

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 04, 2016, 10:00:54 AM
Quote from: apocalipsus on October 04, 2016, 08:00:37 AM
Hello.
Here is my log file:

With all due respect,  that seems to be a very old computer?

I'd love to see the full specification from something like Speccy. Eg. Here is my 3-yo computer...

Hello
Haha, yes sometimes I only have access to this old laptop, it runs the game a bit slowly, but hey, most of the time im pausing to decide the next action so it's fine:
(theres an attachmento of my speccy)

I just find it strange since the demo worked fine.

I'll look into ways to reserve more memory to the gpu.
Thanks for the help.

Karsten75

Do you have the Steam version of the full game? It has the Steam overlay (which can be disabled and apparently is graphics-intensive??)  that the stand-alone demo does not have.

yum-forum

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 06, 2016, 10:10:35 AM
Do you have the Steam version of the full game? It has the Steam overlay (which can be disabled and apparently is graphics-intensive??)  that the stand-alone demo does not have.

Is it possible get (download) or buy version of PF not with Steam? In main KC websight it was possible only together with Steam.
last

apocalipsus

Hello.
Well I tryed removing steam overlay with no luck. The game still stops responding after completing a mission.

yum-forum

In my case (the same problem) PF version without Steam.
Today crash log attached.
last

knucracker

I'm going to add a couple options to the game that _might_ affect this issue.  This is a unity level crash, so I have little control over it.  But it happens at a time in the game where memory is being released and a new scene is being loaded.  So I'll add a "synchronous" scene loading option that will take at least one thread out of the picture.  Might or might not alter the problem, but it is worth a shot.

I've been out of business for the last 3 days, but once I get things organized the next build will have this option.