Some ideas for the map editor

Started by Mrmcdeath, November 29, 2009, 12:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrmcdeath

I have a couple ideas for the map editor. 1 thing that would make it better is custom objectives. Just activating the pedestals is boring. You could have ones like survival where you have to survive to a set time or just untill you can't anymore. Another might be scavenge. You start out with a set amount of energy, but you don't gain as much energy for each collector or reactor. So then you must find storages of energy. All while the creeper is coming at you. And my favorite is that the emitters would go untill a set time like 5 minutes. And then for 1 minute would shut off. In that time you have to cap off the emitter or it will turn back on. And maybe bigger and smaller maps? Like on the big ones you can zoom in and out or scroll. Hope you like them.  ;D
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

adamcieslicki

i like the idea of turning on and off the creeper, but surely if you know its pattern then it would make things far too easy, basically you would just need to get 4 or 5 drones into the area just as the emitter switched off, then build a couple of relays and then shift some ready made forces into the breach. Hence the emitter could be capped within the time frame, obviously assuming that you have a high enough speed to build the relays in time.

Mrmcdeath

yes that would be true but if only certain ones turned off and other ones stayed on then you wouldn't be able to move all of your forces to that one to cap it off. But you could have them go off at different times. Like the first time it goes off would be in 5 minutes and it goes off for 1 minute. Then next time it could go off for 7 minutes then only be off for 45 seconds.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.