CW2 Unit Data Overview

Started by UpperKEES, March 09, 2011, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: florrat on June 26, 2011, 10:07:59 AM
Could you update this overview to make it up-to-date, and add some extra info?

Yeah, I will soon, but just haven't had the time to do so....

-How fast does a maker "fire" after fire rate upgrades?

0 - once every 30 frames (= 1 sec)
1 - once every 25 frames (= 0.83 sec)
2 - once every 20 frames (= 0.67 sec)
3 - once every 15 frames (= 0.5 sec)

-What is the strength of an repulsor? Is this affected by the fire rate upgrades?

Nope. See here for more info.

-What is the fire strength of the dark beam against drones?

Instant kill.

-How much damages does an X hp drone against shields/Liberation ship? And how much damage does an other unit to that drone?

Quote from: virgilwDefault drones have a health of 4.  This means ideally that 4 blaster shots are required to take them out.  They heal, though, so it can be often be 5.  When drone hits something it takes 4 points of damage and doles out 4 points of damage, per frame.  For most structures, this destroys them in one frame and leave the enhanced drones still alive and able to carry along their path of destruction.

I noticed however that 5+ HP drones seem to do twice the amount of damage to the LS, which I think is a bug.

-What is the hp (de)regeneration rate of drones when touching (anti)creeper?

No regeneration when touching anti-Creeper.
0.09/sec in any other case.

-How much creeper does a phantom contain (or does this vary)?

Default is 50000, but this can vary. Unfortunately you aren't able to see this on your display.

Does energy usage of reactor, beacon or tech dome increase when upgrading?

Reactors don't use energy and beacon/tech dome usage isn't affected by any upgrade.

Wow, what a great and useful overview, thank you very much

You're welcome. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

mthw2vc

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 26, 2011, 12:11:08 PM
-What is the fire strength of the dark beam against drones?

Instant kill.
No, this was changed before release. They now cause a finite, albeit large amount of damage to a drone in a given unit of time.
-How much damages does an X hp drone against shields/Liberation ship? And how much damage does an other unit to that drone?

Quote from: virgilwDefault drones have a health of 4.  This means ideally that 4 blaster shots are required to take them out.  They heal, though, so it can be often be 5.  When drone hits something it takes 4 points of damage and doles out 4 points of damage, per frame.  For most structures, this destroys them in one frame and leave the enhanced drones still alive and able to carry along their path of destruction.

I noticed however that 5+ HP drones seem to do twice the amount of damage to the LS, which I think is a bug.
This is not a bug. Every frame a drone is above a structure, the drone takes 4 damage and causes 5 damage to all structures present (25 for shields). As such, a drone with 4.01 health will survive the first frame with 0.01 health and cause damage a second time.
-What is the hp (de)regeneration rate of drones when touching (anti)creeper?

No regeneration when touching anti-Creeper.
0.09/sec in any other case.
Not the intended question. Drones take damage over time when immersed in anti-creeper. Fast-moving drones also slow down. It would be useful to have data about both of these phenomena.

UpperKEES

Quote from: mthw2vc on June 26, 2011, 12:18:03 PM
They now cause a finite, albeit large amount of damage to a drone in a given unit of time.

I just tested it and it seems like a DB does 5 HP of damage per frame (150 per second).

This is not a bug. Every frame a drone is above a structure, the drone takes 4 damage and causes 5 damage to all structures present (25 for shields). As such, a drone with 4.01 health will survive the first frame with 0.01 health and cause damage a second time.

Well, the drones certainly don't behave like Virgil described, but let's discuss this in the beta board.

Not the intended question. Drones take damage over time when immersed in anti-creeper. Fast-moving drones also slow down. It would be useful to have data about both of these phenomena.

Hmmm, I thought florrat asked about regeneration as well. There's indeed no data about the damage done by anti-Creeper nor the slow down rate, but I guess we'll find that soon.

Please note that this is a unit overview and doesn't contain all game mechanics info (and I don't intend to include it).

Kithros

With some quick tests it seems like drones lose 1 speed (the default speed for the normal 4 health drones) every 3 seconds to a minimum of 1 speed (or rather, it stops decreasing at 1 speed - but because of the interval it decreases at some speeds they can slow down to slightly less than 1 speed), and drones lose roughly .6 health per second while in anti-creeper. I didn't test it very meticulously however so these aren't necessarily correct, but they seem at least decently accurate.

florrat

Thank you for all the answers and the link to the repulsor thread.

About the drone damage: Thanks for explaining: So a normal structure deals 4 damage to a drone, and a shield at full health will deal 16 damage to a strong drone (since it regenerated a bit in the meantime), right?

The question about drones health regeneration and degeneration was intended to be both questions in one :) So it heals 0.09/sec when not touching anti-creeper, and gets ±0.6/sec damage when touching anti-creeper. Interesting that fast drones also move slower in anti-creeper.

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 26, 2011, 12:40:49 PM
[...] but let's discuss this in the beta board.
Awww :(

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 26, 2011, 12:40:49 PM
Please note that this is a unit overview and doesn't contain all game mechanics info (and I don't intend to include it).
Okay, maybe this indeed wasn't the best place to ask, but I'm glad you still answered.

mthw2vc

Quote from: florrat on June 26, 2011, 02:00:22 PM
About the drone damage: Thanks for explaining: So a normal structure deals 4 damage to a drone, and a shield at full health will deal 16 damage to a strong drone (since it regenerated a bit in the meantime), right?
No, there is a very slight bias that means the shield only causes 12 damage to the drone.

UpperKEES

Sorry it took a while, but I have finally updated the unit overview with the latest data:

- Adjusted the amount of ore storage upgrades and their value.
- Adjusted the maker data to take fire rate and fire range upgrades into account.
- Added a new table with max. damage per second, max. energy usage per second, max. damage per unit of energy.

Please let me know if I forgot/overlooked something.

JF-T

20000 is for the amount needed to fill a maker with 60 M of AC right? just wondering cause it's the only weapon which does use energy, and there isn't really a "set" mark for the amount of ore per shot of creeper (.1 charge or x1 production)
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

mthw2vc

1 ore = 30 000 AC (although you may see different amounts when charging due to floating point errors..?)

As such, you are off by an order of magnitude- 2000 is the amount of ore needed.

PS: KEES, now that I look again, there are multiple errors in the tables... I'll post back later with the needed corrections.

goku90504

i'm trying to figure out the ammount of makers fully upgraded producing under the x4 setting i'd need to completely counter the creeper production of an emitter (so that the creeper/anti creeper destruction creates a stable creeper coverage and density) strength 201k interval 0.03s my ore is praticly infiniate as there is a maker sitting atop an anti creeper emitter vacuming in another part of the map

mthw2vc

50 + 1 more set only to 1x production, assuming the weapon fire rate upgrade to be untouched.

goku90504

so one maker set to 4x should in time beat a 100k .5s on it's own? (assuming enough ore) (all 9 weapon upgrades gotten)

mthw2vc

If you have all weapon upgrades, a single maker at 4x will match the output of a 120k/0.5s emitter, so yes, it would overpower a 100k/0.5s emitter given enough time.

UpperKEES

Quote from: mthw2vc on December 19, 2011, 11:17:24 PM
KEES, now that I look again, there are multiple errors in the tables... I'll post back later with the needed corrections.

Although it's been more than a year ago, I'm still willing to make corrections if you point them out to me. :)

MadMag

Corrections done, you are back  ;D