Custom Map #10297: 126-Kaiserschmarrn is the thing!. By: Rennervate

Started by AutoPost, September 28, 2022, 08:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10297: 126-Kaiserschmarrn is the thing!

Author: Rennervate
Size: 255x255

Desc:
if I didn't miss anything: this map is not easy. it is not hard - but difficult. you have to think carefully about where you start. a tip: think carefully about the updates. one or the other could do more harm than good. and one more thing: only attack the creeper if it is really necessary. Aka AlexX

D0m0nik

rennervate

I tinkered for a long time at the start... it was just too difficult in the previous version. then i added the islands without creeper...

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

Tried a few options, top right for me in the end.

Love these maps but they are so big they are taking a few sittings to complete. That was about 3hrs real time, time well spent though!

Loren Pechtel

I've found two places I can get a toehold but I can't survive because the runners stun me too much and spores get through.

rennervate

@ Loren:

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

You are on the right track Loren. Same start as me. The spores are not a major threat for some time though so use that PZ for a reactor and then get a good few cannons built and one sprayer and break the digitalis in the immediate area.I didn't use a PZ for a beam until about the 20 minute mark and even then it wasn't really needed. 

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: rennervate on September 30, 2022, 08:02:32 AM@ Loren:
That was pretty much what I tried--except I never had everything unstunned once the runners came out and at one point everything was stunned.  I never managed to build anything but the link up top.