Custom Map #1659: Return of the Creep (PAC) 2. By: Ranger Von Danger

Started by AutoPost, May 27, 2021, 07:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCarlo

Quote from: Ranger Von Danger on May 28, 2021, 11:08:20 PM
Quote from: SteveCarlo on May 28, 2021, 07:23:22 PM
ok, I took out the lag.  Great!
why are they still shooting? why aren't the nullifiers running out of energy?
where did all this AC come from?

is there a way to cover teh board in creep or is this just a kill and run?

This is how the map looked on my playthrough this evening and on my first playthrough when I finished.   I think the map would have worked much better without the autopilot AI. Because of this variable, every playthrough will differ depending on how it reacts to the player's activity. The sprayers located on flip breeders will fire at any blobs, spores, etc. that spread the creeper outside of the starting area. So you either have to be strategic about the order you release your nullified allies or be ready to use the cursor on any creeper puddles that might trigger an AC outbreak on the flip breeder patches. (inhale) The nullifiers each have a dedicated m-rift so each cell must be breached individually

I ignored the nullifiers and just broke out, took the one flip patch on the left and headed for the lab.  i thought everything else would die on the vine but it kept going..... even though I obtained the objective, I would lose the map.   i'll try again.

CS Z

Quote from: Ranger Von Danger on May 28, 2021, 11:08:20 PM
Quote from: SteveCarlo on May 28, 2021, 07:23:22 PM
ok, I took out the lag.  Great!
why are they still shooting? why aren't the nullifiers running out of energy?
where did all this AC come from?

is there a way to cover teh board in creep or is this just a kill and run?

This is how the map looked on my playthrough this evening and on my first playthrough when I finished.   I think the map would have worked much better without the autopilot AI. Because of this variable, every playthrough will differ depending on how it reacts to the player's activity. The sprayers located on flip breeders will fire at any blobs, spores, etc that spread the creeper outside of the starting area. So you either have to be strategic about the order you release your nulified allies or be ready to use the cursor on any creeper puddles that might trigger an AC outbreak on the flip breeder patches. (inhale) The nullifiers each have a dedicated m-rift so each cell must be breached individually

I ended up playing this map again to not cheese it like I did the first time around.  I skipped freeing my allies until the very end.  That seemed to avoid almost all of the major flip breeder issues.

phischphood

Quote from: Dev-not on May 29, 2021, 04:34:22 PM
PS: You can just click the towers and turn them off, might want to fix that
Thank you! This saved the map for me. I got completely stuck because the AC flooded the map and once in that position you cannot escape without turning their units off. You can only turn off units that are built by the CPU after the map starts, so it's not too cheesey. I hate the AI on this map, it's so annoying. I figured out the cheese route, but only used it to destroy their factory, which I was hoping would stop the AC issue, but there was too much breeder with AC on it to fix that.

Caz

As of 9-10-2021 this can't be done.  3 hours of trying different strats and the anticreep ALWAYS overpowers before you can get more than two creep flip zones.

heritor

Quote from: Caz on September 10, 2021, 04:15:56 PM
As of 9-10-2021 this can't be done.  3 hours of trying different strats and the anticreep ALWAYS overpowers before you can get more than two creep flip zones.

Sorry Caz, still doable as of 9-11-2021.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.