Custom Map #1659: Return of the Creep (PAC) 2. By: Ranger Von Danger

Started by AutoPost, May 27, 2021, 07:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1659: Return of the Creep (PAC) 2

Author: Ranger Von Danger
Size: 320x200

ha11oga11o

Am i missing something or those breeders are not producing creeper once applied? i had all but one on top right corner but map just dried up?

Whats happening here?

heritor

Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

Ranger Von Danger

heritor

To be fair, after making my versions of these I'm pretty good at spotting the sneaky ways to do things.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

Malignantmind

The only way I was able to win was the cheese route. Although, I didn't go for it immediately. Was playing normally, but as soon as I got close to the air fields on the right, AC generation kicked off and quickly spiraled out of control. I already had the top left corner under control and just pushed straight for the lab.

Overall fun map though.

Shatterstep

Enjoyable. Thanks for making, Ranger Von Danger :)

To everyone else, this map is replayable. If you took the cheese route the first time, try beating it through other means on other playthroughs.

Karzon

The normal way I did this: Just get the creeper out of the starting area (ignore the rest of it), and go left.  Save before you take each flip breeder pool (even the small ones can be too hard to take back if it happens early), and approach from the opposite direction as any sprayers. Get as much creeper in there out of sprayer range as possible, then rush the sprayer and make a circle around them.  Do the airfield one last, and approach from the south.  Then you can take the starting area if you want, but it really just makes you hit the emit cap sooner, and possibly making things harder as a result (all of the generated creeper in there's mostly just going to stay stuck in there).

CS Z

Quote from: heritor on May 27, 2021, 10:29:18 AM
Had fun.

That's almost what I did.  I went around to the right hand side of the hill where I figured there was less mortar resistance and blew up the miners first to reduce the available energy.  But otherwise, my run was pretty much identical.

SteveCarlo

ok, I took out the lab.  Great!
why are they still shooting? why aren't the nullifiers running out of energy?
where did all this AC come from?

is there a way to cover teh board in creep or is this just a kill and run?

Ranger Von Danger

Quote from: SteveCarlo on May 28, 2021, 07:23:22 PM
ok, I took out the lag.  Great!
why are they still shooting? why aren't the nullifiers running out of energy?
where did all this AC come from?

is there a way to cover teh board in creep or is this just a kill and run?

This is how the map looked on my playthrough this evening and on my first playthrough when I finished.   I think the map would have worked much better without the autopilot AI. Because of this variable, every playthrough will differ depending on how it reacts to the player's activity. The sprayers located on flip breeders will fire at any blobs, spores, etc that spread the creeper outside of the starting area. So you either have to be strategic about the order you release your nulified allies or be ready to use the cursor on any creeper puddles that might trigger an AC outbreak on the flip breeder patches. (inhale) The nullifiers each have a dedicated m-rift so each cell must be breached individually

Niflthaena

A lot of fun. The jailbreak section works well as a lead-in to the rest of the map.

My main problem was that the creeper in that section can't really leave, and it's not elevation-locked. If you're dealing with AC elsewhere it doesn't take long for the entire creeper cap to get tied up behind the walls, making the map unplayable. It seemed more effective to ignore that region entirely and let creeper production take place outside.

Dev-not

I was just taking my time (i like slow and steady) and at one point I just had to quit because the whole map was sky high AC, my cursor could't do anything.
PS: You can just click the towers and turn them off, might want to fix that.

I enjoyed the first part, but the and made this a not-fun map for me

CS Z

Quote from: Dev-not on May 29, 2021, 04:34:22 PM
PS: You can just click the towers and turn them off, might want to fix that.

Nuts.  I was hoping for an even more cheesy cheese run on this map.  But I clicked on a bunch of towers and pylons and was unable to select them even before the initial unpause.  I'm not seeing the ability to turn off towers anywhere for this map either pre- or post-unpause.