Custom Map #1709: NexioP2 2 Caution. By: Vertu

Started by AutoPost, May 24, 2021, 02:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1709: NexioP2 2 Caution

Author: Vertu
Size: 325x500

Desc:
Sometimes it's best to tread carefully or at least, plan strategically to ensure the benefits of caution stick with you. -Story driven mission series.

Jimragnark

Hi vertu,long time no see

can i give you a idea from the next maps? because i think empowerment is not enough

1: how about a construction pylon made by (good morning)? it appears in FOXX maps and this pylon can build any ship instantly at cost of amp gems or even only few uses(if you want)

2:a power charger you can activate by clicking in the structure to activate and send massive payloads of energy for bigger ships,why? because the normal energy 
packet rate is not enough for titan ships and when it deactivates i will store power consuming land nearby or clicking with the right mouse you can send your energy stored to this structure.

of all the maps I've ever played, this series actually caught my interest

i really hope i can help you

goodluck
signed
Jimragnark

Vertu

I am unsure as how to implement such custom things. In CW4 you can enter a map and enable the editor, export the mod stuff and done. I also found many issues trying to have special files actually go into PF.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Vertu

I would also like some ideas for future missions, kinda running dry recently. (This mission was made long ago but I never had the moral to complete it myself for submission, but now I am somewhat stuck as to what kind of mission should be next before the anomaly.)

Also, how were the ally ships? They are identical to the status of the CORRUPT ships from previous missions, having extra build speed, self-energy generation, and healing. How where they? Where they a bit powerful? Or powerful enough you often found yourself pushing with them, using them to help recover some losses, and have never really "carried" you? I would like to know!
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Vertu

Some more questions, relating to scale:
What's more interesting? The massive scale of some Nexious missions where you have a massive map, lots of potential infrastructure, and lots of available ships or smaller scale with less ships, more compact map, and more "quality" focused over quantity such as even a simple Destroyer V2 can be a notable loss?

Do you find managing a massive fleet too cumbersome and wish some of the smaller ships "combined" into a single larger ship so there are less ships to manage? Or do you enjoy the potential of having a band of small ships on standby for what ever use while the larger ones beast the front line?

Do you find that having ships be "meant" to be in the backlines like the dischargers more manageable/enjoyable where you don't need to fiddle around formations so all of them are in range at the front line? Is it better to try having less potential ships at the frontline and instead have ships dedicated for backline support like the Carriers and Dischargers?

And finally, how are the altered ships? Have any deviated too far or feel too different? Or do you feel there can be even more ships to add? Do you think having an initial ship license spawn to choose your own fleet mid-game is a good idea? Or stick to what I think is the optimal fleet composition within restrictions or have I sometimes "failed" this where you wished you had a different default ship? (I personally haven't.)

I would enjoy some responses for I have been utterly winging it this entire time, trying to find out what tends to be more enjoyable based on ratings (which I concluded usually consists of some kind of "consistency" within the map such as branching paths to help with one major objective like attacking a held entrance), but the details are lacking, I wish to change that.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Jimragnark on May 24, 2021, 09:52:32 PM
2:a power charger you can activate by clicking in the structure to activate and send massive payloads of energy for bigger ships,why? because the normal energy 
packet rate is not enough for titan ships and when it deactivates i will store power consuming land nearby or clicking with the right mouse you can send your energy stored to this structure.
There are 2 ways to fix that.
1: guppies
2: reactors
Guppies are probably the best choice as reactors push a ship to be built first.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Vertu on May 27, 2021, 01:20:29 PM
Some more questions, relating to scale:
What's more interesting? The massive scale of some Nexious missions where you have a massive map, lots of potential infrastructure, and lots of available ships or smaller scale with less ships, more compact map, and more "quality" focused over quantity such as even a simple Destroyer V2 can be a notable loss?

Do you find managing a massive fleet too cumbersome and wish some of the smaller ships "combined" into a single larger ship so there are less ships to manage? Or do you enjoy the potential of having a band of small ships on standby for what ever use while the larger ones beast the front line?

Do you find that having ships be "meant" to be in the backlines like the dischargers more manageable/enjoyable where you don't need to fiddle around formations so all of them are in range at the front line? Is it better to try having less potential ships at the frontline and instead have ships dedicated for backline support like the Carriers and Dischargers?

And finally, how are the altered ships? Have any deviated too far or feel too different? Or do you feel there can be even more ships to add? Do you think having an initial ship license spawn to choose your own fleet mid-game is a good idea? Or stick to what I think is the optimal fleet composition within restrictions or have I sometimes "failed" this where you wished you had a different default ship? (I personally haven't.)

I would enjoy some responses for I have been utterly winging it this entire time, trying to find out what tends to be more enjoyable based on ratings (which I concluded usually consists of some kind of "consistency" within the map such as branching paths to help with one major objective like attacking a held entrance), but the details are lacking, I wish to change that.
Your series has grown too big in licences and other resources for me to enjoy. That's why I started my own series. I'm planning on making it more gameplay-focussed as time passes, till eventually there is some sort of boss battle.

I'm gonna have some ships merged in my series, but that's for the sake of lore. In my opinion, merging ships is ONLY good if there's enough small ships left to build. For example, I wouldn't mind a tripled up lathe ship, but if it's at the cost of all normal lathes it would probably be a bit annoying as you lose early-game lathe powers (unless you trust the HQ that much, which I don't...)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Vertu

I got some similar opinions for how up-scaled my missions are and try to include some smaller missions such as in Nexious 21 Outskirts which has much more limited energy and lots of open space. I don't think I will be making the maps much smaller any time soon unless it involves some kind of restricted space, and space is very large and I tend to make it quite up to scale to some extent so big maps are common. I have one last major game play idea before I start repeating them, then I will start cherry picking what tends to seemingly be most enjoyable by players.