Corvus - the Movie

Started by Karsten75, January 03, 2010, 10:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

OK, I've tried my hand at a YouTube vid. Just stitched together the images, but there's more images than I could safely post in the forum.

Now that I'm better, I have managed to improve my time by a lot. Here is my latest walkthrough.

Young

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 03, 2010, 10:41:38 PM
OK, I've tried my hand at a YouTube vid. Just stitched together the images, but there's more images than I could safely post in the forum.

You need Fraps!

Dranar

Omg whats that Music!!

Its horrible...   >:( >:(
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Alwego

Quote from: Dranar on January 04, 2010, 02:26:26 AM
Omg whats that Music!!

bu...it ;p the music is nice =)

But that true. Video is better than screenshot. I recommend a CamStudio http://www.camstudio.org/CamStudio20.exe

Later You can use Windows Movie Maker (or something similar) and set speed x4.

Karsten75

Quote from: Young on January 04, 2010, 02:14:51 AM
You need Fraps!

Fraps look cool, but it's $37. I'm not going to pay that to record footage on a $10 game!  :)  Besides I'm all out, I went to the computer shop and bought some stuff to build a new compy with.
Quote from: Dranar on January 04, 2010, 02:26:26 AM
Omg whats that Music!!

Why thanks, now I feel better.

It is some weird song I found on my computer, something that sounds French, but is from Africa. I like it. If you really want to know I can go hunt down the CD.

Young

Just get fraps the demo. It leaves "www.fraps.com" on the top. If you need help finding it PM me.

Mrmcdeath

What I did is after I rescued the pods, then I would build two mortars and then arm them all of the way. Then I would go and move them to up on the cliff above the creeper and watch it be destroyed.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

Just my opinion but the music in that video is pretty cool.  Maybe it is the contrast to the in game music.... maybe I'm just strange... but it worked with the style of the video for me.

To record a movie of the game you can use camstudio (it is free).  You can also use something like BB flashback express.  It is free too. 

For either, I record at 6 to 8 frames per second then when I make a movie I speed the movie up 4x.  This way the movie plays in a quarter of the game time.  There is also no need to record more that 6-8 frames per second if you are going to speed it up by 4x.  Recording at a lower frame rate save CPU cycles on your machine and you are less likely to slow down the game or miss frames.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on January 04, 2010, 04:22:32 PM
Just my opinion but the music in that video is pretty cool.  Maybe it is the contrast to the in game music.... maybe I'm just strange... but it worked with the style of the video for me.

To record a movie of the game you can use camstudio (it is free).  You can also use something like BB flashback express.  It is free too. 

For either, I record at 6 to 8 frames per second then when I make a movie I speed the movie up 4x.  This way the movie plays in a quarter of the game time.  There is also no need to record more that 6-8 frames per second if you are going to speed it up by 4x.  Recording at a lower frame rate save CPU cycles on your machine and you are less likely to slow down the game or miss frames.

Working on it, but I'm running into a lot of learning... .:)  Thanks for the pointer to camstudio.