Custom Map #6821: CSM-64. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, November 28, 2018, 03:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6821: CSM-64

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
CORKY STARGATE MODE. Explanation of features in previous maps and by "Ctrl+Shift+J" #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoVirgil #GoodLuck

Schizo

You're the best! :)  Keep up the great work!

TKB

Thanks, something to enjoy before heading to bed. Keep up the good work. Check everyday for new map.

yum-forum

Thanks for comments! For me this very valuable!  :)

P.S. For next map vaiting from Kajacx updated scripts.
P.P.S. If it will be possible...
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

toolforger

I love the mechanics, but why do the maps have to be so large?

yum-forum

Standard template 144x144. If I resize map in editor will be some problems with scripts.
last

D0m0nik

I am struggling with this one, any chance of a run through Yum?

GoodMorning

A few things that I found to help:

Start by going down, then right, then left a bit.

Midway down the left, there's a psi-shape with four Emitters and a booster, which can support itself with relative ease.

My portal-order was yellow-white-everything, if I recall.

The portals let you go a long way, don't assume that progression is on the same part of the map.

The two important elements are terp-spaces and boosters.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

KingGladiator88

Quote from: D0m0nik on November 29, 2018, 05:23:21 PM
I am struggling with this one, any chance of a run through Yum?

Use your three blockers to block off the red gate to the east, the yellow gate to the north, and the second yellow gate to the west from the landing pad. Leave the close yellow gate to the west open since they cant really put out enough creeper to do much. With the red blocked off you can take that region over very easily. Once you take over up to the conductor block it off with terps then take over the near yellow gate to the west.

From then on I just used the AC bomb to blast sections in range of a power zone terp and wall off parts I could to break up paths into smaller chunks I could overtake with AC.

From then on it was just moving north bombing and blocking off sections. Take over white first, then work on blue a bit to the middle of the map, then take over the reds, and once you are there you should be able to just unblock everything and take over the rest of the map.

D0m0nik

Cheers guys, I started in the same way but then just got frustrated waiting for the bomb to reload with almost nothing to do inbetween. Figured I was missing something.

I really think it would be good if you obtained the factory much further into the map in order to beat a final tough section. That way the factory would be a support unit rather than the sole focus as it seems to limit gameplay for me.

D0m0nik

D0m0nik

Yum just sent me a video, I had no idea you could land a bomb on an emitter, I thought you could only land them on Gates!!! Major head slap moment.

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 01, 2018, 04:51:26 AM
Yum just sent me a video, I had no idea you could land a bomb on an emitter, I thought you could only land them on Gates!!! Major head slap moment.

Yah! In first map 6812 with CBF it was introduction of Conversion Bombs that possible to use on any gates and emitters. Unfortunately this not yet added to CORKY Help Box. Sorry, please!  :-[
last

D0m0nik

My mistake, thanks for the video, it helped so much!! Made this a really enjoyable map, I now get to go back and play the bomb missions again!

yum-forum

Nice!  :)
And what video I sended to you? Or maybe not I? Send me it "back", please!  ;)
last