Custom Map #283: Particulate Doom. By: Raven_C

Started by AutoPost, November 04, 2016, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #283: Particulate Doom

Author: Raven_C
Size: 320x320

Desc:
WARNING Most Likely Will Cause lag on anything but 1x Good luck and have fun. I recommend bringing your own fleet, although there's a default fleet which I used to beat the level in case you just want to start. it's long haul, all odds stacked against you, rough start. First map hope you like it, as always feedback is appreciated

traisjames

Starting the game I really enjoyed it.  Tons of particles trying to get into your base, I lost the first mine multiple times.  The ships, while expensive, are great.  Just enough small ones to build fast and prevent certain doom, but not enough to win the game.
My first time thru was going great, I had the entire south side of the map conquered, most of the land mired, and waiting for the two ships you pick up on the left side of the map to finish building, then suddenly I beat the level.

Spoiler
The metal land on the sides of the map allow me to move my omnis around the edge safely and land next to the emitter, destroying it and thus every emitter on the red side. This round took 26 minutes.

Focusing just on that idea, it took 4:22 from game start to kill the emitters, 15:50 total after collecting the remaining items.
[close]

I found two things that would make this map much harder and eliminate the problem listed above.

First, if you connect the spiderweb of strut on the top of the map to the strut on the bottom, they will reinforce each other.
Second,
Spoiler
Remove the metal walls all together and instead turn off particles die on edge.  This will limit how quickly the play can spread out.  Having more mines near the nexus would also prevent flying omnis from getting too close if you have 10-15 flying together for protection.
[close]