Will we see more connection and packet CPRL functions?

Started by pawel345, January 23, 2014, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annonymus

Quote from: pawel345 on January 25, 2014, 04:22:51 AM
Ok I have a new question. Since we might get AC guppies soon, I wanted to ask if it's possible to CRPL create a guppy/strafer/bomber away form their pad. Or to give them an order using CRPL. Since If it where possible one could send AC packets by creating a full AC guppy landed somewhere.
But that would require access to player unit variables...

Isn't it easier to create a ressource pack? That would be more easy to explain, too. Especially if you hide it from view with anothe image (converter or whatever the building is)
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

knucracker

Quote from: DanTheGoodMan on January 25, 2014, 02:32:11 AM
Quote from: virgilw on January 24, 2014, 11:51:51 AM
Now it shows 99% health and has a nearly full health bar, though.  This is because it updates after the script that created it per game loop.  In theory if you created a hidden crpl tower after creating the siphon, and let that tower monitor the siphon's health... that would prevent the health bar from showing up (because younger units update later in the game loop).  This is a cosmetic problem, though, and probably not work the extra complexity to address.

At least in v1.53, I'm able to hide the health bars on the siphon.

SetUnitAttribute(<-siphon CONST_SHOWHEALTHBAR FALSE)

There you go... that's the most elegant solution because of its simplicity.

pawel345

Quote from: Annonymus on January 25, 2014, 08:29:57 AM
Ok I have a new question. Since we might get AC guppies soon, I wanted to ask if it's possible to CRPL create a guppy/strafer/bomber away form their pad. Or to give them an order using CRPL. Since If it where possible one could send AC packets by creating a full AC guppy landed somewhere.

Isn't it easier to create a ressource pack? That would be more easy to explain, too. Especially if you hide it from view with anothe image (converter or whatever the building is)

There are no AC resource packs. There are ore resource packs but for that you need to guppy the ore to CN processes it and send it back with the upcoming AC guppy.

knucracker

If you want to move a guppy away from its pad you have to create the pad, then get the unit uid for the guppy on it, then move it somewhere else.  I've never done it, and the state will be funky since the guppy will think it is on the pad.  So I would expect oddities and problems.  The guppy won't know it is supposed to be landed away from the pad and distributing packets (I think... there is a small chance it might work now that I think about it... but I really doubt it).  I'm out of town for a couple days else I'd try it myself....

There is also currently no way to issue unit orders.

--edit--
Note that AC guppies are available in the current public beta.

pawel345

Nope It's not working :( The guppy just sits there.

Annonymus

Maybe it works if you get some excuse to make the player build an AC guppy and make him send it somewhere, then move base and guppy to a hidden place and move the guppy into view when you need it, however you need to refill it constantly else it wil return to the base and, if the base is full of ammo, go to where the player sent it. OR you just refill the base and make sure you move the guppy away before it gets into view again. Sorry if I'm writing nonsense or just incomprehensible, I'm very very tired at the moment.
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.