The soundtrack, I need it. (and now I have it)

Started by DarkDXZ, October 30, 2013, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkDXZ

First of all, hello there!
Second of all, sorry if it's not a proper section to put this in, but that's my best bet. =/

Anyway, I've recently bought CW3 and I am amazed by its gameplay which is simple yet needs strategic thinking.

But its not what I'm here for.
I am also really impressed by the music - to the point where I want to get the seperate soundtrack just to be able to listen to it outside the game.
But I was disappointed to see no OST available for purchase, in the game folders (sometimes the devs just do that) or, anywhere, really.

So yeah.
I basically really want to get my hands on those few tracks that play in-game for my personal listening pleasure if it's possible.

Kay, thanks, bye.

(a repost from the wrong section, sorry!)

MizInIA

DarkDXZ

I tried looking there to no avail.  :-\
What a shame.

knucracker

I'll put up the soundtrack tomorrow for direct download...

DarkDXZ

Quote from: virgilw on October 30, 2013, 07:26:28 PM
I'll put up the soundtrack tomorrow for direct download...

;D
Great to hear. (pun intended)
Also, where exactly should one be expecting it?

Michionlion

It is 10am for V right now, so maybe in a few hours?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

I just need a bit (among the thousand other irons I have in the fire right now :) ) to pull together the tracks, with correct names,  and then put them on the server.  I'll post back here (or in a more obvious spot) with the download link once there.  If I don't get it done today, don't panic... I just have a lot of things going on right now.  But it is on pad next to my keyboard so it will get done soon.

DarkDXZ

Quote from: virgilw on October 31, 2013, 10:34:34 AM
I just need a bit (among the thousand other irons I have in the fire right now :) ) to pull together the tracks, with correct names,  and then put them on the server.  I'll post back here (or in a more obvious spot) with the download link once there.  If I don't get it done today, don't panic... I just have a lot of things going on right now.  But it is on pad next to my keyboard so it will get done soon.

Great. :)
I would lie if I said that soundtrack is not one of the things that got me into this game.

Stay awesome, KC.
Stay awesome.

DarkDXZ

Also something a bit less important, but still slightly relevant to the music.
Would it be possible for the in-game music order to be randomized a bit? I find it odd for the tracks to always play in the exact same order, which at some point gets sort of repetitive (even though the first track that plays is arguably the best one, but still). :P

(And um, sorry for the double-post.)

DarkDXZ

Awesome.
Do I really need to say more? ;D

knucracker

Actually, you can go to your favorite site and advertise the free sound track (or tweet it, facebook it, reddit it, etc.). 

Free music is as good as any reason to come visit our little world and get hooked on the game while here :)

DarkDXZ

Quote from: virgilw on October 31, 2013, 04:44:57 PM
Actually, you can go to your favorite site and advertise the free sound track (or tweet it, facebook it, reddit it, etc.). 

Free music is as good as any reason to come visit our little world and get hooked on the game while here :)

Mind if I upload these to YouTube, actually?
There doesn't seem to be anyone else doing so (mostly because the OST wasn't available until like an hour ago, but still :P).

Ceraus

Thanks for the soundtrack! One of my first impressions, during the (trivial for veterans) first mission, was "yep, music still feels Creeper World". And it's good, too; I especially like "Mortars, Baby" and "The Chase".