" joke times"

Started by bobthebike, August 31, 2012, 12:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobthebike

I realy wonder at some of the times posted. it  seems to me that there aer cheats being employed because some of the times do not seem possible to even build collectors to the furthest point without taking time to protect the route. anyone provide a link ? I also admit that I am quite slow but normaly sucsesful so maybe I am missing a trick somewhere. I dont use pause when playing as I regard this as an "unethical cheat"

Thanks

BoB

Grauniad

Quote from: bobthebike on August 31, 2012, 12:09:34 PM
I dont use pause when playing as I regard this as an "unethical cheat"

Since the game was expressly designed to allow activities while paused, you are handicapping yourself - and then complaining you can't get top-tier times?  BTW, there is another thread on cheating scores. Can't find it now, though.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

bobthebike

allu

Realtime still keeps flowing (Don't take  too literally.) evne if you pause in-game time. And pausing is really helpfull option.

Wizy

You can play as you please, with the limits you want, but you can't expect everyone else to do the same and say they cheat because they play the way the game is meant to be played.

Some top scores are cheated but I bet most aren't.
Building collectors is not always the fastest route, sometimes making bridges with moving SAMs or blasters is faster/safer.
Not to mention the ability to move Odin City, moving OC at the right time to the right spot is the key. It can also connect with totems, so a built collector near a totem is not always necessary.

MadMag

As far as I know you can PAUSE in every game.. (I know some games do not have pause, like some of the games I played in the 80 and early 90's)
Cheat to pause... well.. I can't agree on that one! It is even possible for every one straight from the bat without any codes like LIM and IDQFA (you old guys know that codes)

Alter Old

Quote from: Wizy on August 31, 2012, 02:04:46 PM
Some top scores are cheated but I bet most aren't.
I don't use cheats though I try to win first place without any "IDDQD". I actively use a pause, flying bridges and, first of all, careful calculations. I can show screenshots prize strategy on any disputable map, in your opinion.
Forgive my wrong English - it for me not native.
As usual, forgive for my English.

TrickyDragon

your english is fine....   although i have never been one to use the flying bridge thing.
This is Life,  Life happens.

Alter Old

lurkily

Quote from: Alter Old on August 31, 2012, 04:50:10 PM
TrickyDragon
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=4715.msg25123#msg25123
In due time I learned much at UpperKEES.
Pretty sure tricky knows how to use bridging . . . But flying bridges are too maintenance intensive for many people to be willing to deal with.  I know that I for one, despise custom maps that absolutely require it.

TrickyDragon

aye, i just dont like to do it......   i would rather play the "old school" way

Alter Old

It is boring for me to pass Chronom maps in the same standard way. But here to think properly (Graph Theory, why not?) and to count fastest way it is interesting. I only explain that a good result it isn't obligatory cheats.

lurkily

Quote from: Alter Old on August 31, 2012, 06:01:08 PMI only explain that a good result it isn't obligatory cheats.
And I don't dispute it.  I just didn't want to let the implicationthat Tricky didn't know his stuff go unchallenged.  :)

TrickyDragon

good looking out lurkily ^^ 

cvtfwlbt

I happen lately to have some good times on chrono maps, but I really think of myself as nothing terribly special.... moving Odin is almost always obvious, but not moving it would probably make your time about 1-3 minutes slower, depending on the map: not really so much more. I rely most of all on energy balance: flying bridges take the life out of me and never employ them unless required by the map. I tipically pause at the beginning, and in game if I make mistakes.  ;)