WOW!!!!!

Started by betadata, December 24, 2009, 07:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dranar

And we thank you for the most awesome and addicting flash game ever!
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Aurzel

i think we've done enough ego swelling for now :P

Dranar

Haha, ok.

Hmm... my brother calls this game 'gay' because some levels can take up to an hour...

Karsten75

What I don't like is that I've now opened TWO Eater Eggs that simply recommends another game. I cry foul! Once is overlookable, but twice? You're using *my* money and effort to advertise to me????

knucracker

Chopraider is another game I made over a year ago.  Don't worry, it is totally free.... I'm not trying to push anything over on you.  You couldn't buy it if you wanted to.  It's not that unusual for one game to have an egg that mentions previous works from the same author.  It can provide neat continuity for anyone who played the earlier titles.

Karsten75

Hey, I didn't mind the first Eater Egg about your other game. I agree that is more or less OK. It's the second egg, I'm complaining about. Additionally, I'd like to have the easter eggs and their text displayed somewhere in my games. I thought there was something in one of them, but now I can't remember it. And I don't want to really play al lthe games again just to find the one I'm looking for.

Oh, BTW, apart from Gump I'm now done. It was nice, a few were kind of hard and I doubt I have the skill to beat them at double down. Good game overall, but I'm now totally exhausted.

Dranar

I'm confused  ???. What are Eater Eggs? What do you mean taking your money? Is Virgil robbing you?  ???

Aurzel

easter eggs are little tid bits developers place in games that arent to do with the core part of game but are instead something extra, and virgil's not robbing anyone

Avest

Ok, i must admit i used an illegale version of creeper world.. :o
But this game is so great that i bought it immediately!

Tnx for the great game! Its worth every penny!

Mrmcdeath

lol... i bought it right after i played the online version at BubbleBox. I had to beg my parents to let me buy it...
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

Thanks for the the purchases.... every purchase is a vote of confidence.

So, as to the meaning of all of the Special Ops maps.  A good number of the maps were part of a theme of things that have influenced me.

1: Classic Earth.  This reminded me of the board game Axis and Allies.  I thought it would be cool to fight across the continents.

2: Super Tax-Man.  I live in NC, and our wonderful government has decided to declare war on e-commerce.   So now, for instance, if you run a web site and live in NC you can no longer be an amazon.com affiliate.  This has destroyed I don't know how many e-businesses in our state.  It makes me sad.

3: Gump.  Not the box of chocolates part, but the feather part.  How Forrest's insight at the end of the movie about life being both random yet there also being fate (and how the feather's journey represented this).

4: Mouse Shadow.  "Mouse shadow of the second moon"  Google it, then read the book.

5: Chess.  Seems obvious enough (it looks like a chess board).  But think about chess for a minute.  An 8x8 board with only 6 unique 'units'.  Talk about the tightest most awesome strategy game ever.  Makes Creeper World look like Supreme Commander by comparison.

6: DTD.  Not the first defense game by any measure, but desktop tower defense was probably the most popular first gen defense game.  It's emphasis on minimal graphics and a 'path-less' screen were inspirational.

7: Poison.  I thought it looked funny (not everything has to have a really deep meaning :)

8: ChopRaider.  My last public game was ChopRaider, so I though I'd make a whole map that looked like the helicopter in that game.  Since it was about flying, I threw in a whole load of spores.

9: Air.  I'd have to say that Adobe AIR was pretty influential in the game design and limitations....

10: KC.  It's the name of the company and the web site, so it seemed like a fitting final map.

Kamron3

This is the only game in my entire life that I have bought as well.

_k

redflame

i played the sim on kongregate then i thought ok i want to buy this so i called my farther and he paid it (have to pay him back though :(. one of my better buys ever. thank you virgil
Dont trust who you cant trust.
Kick em when their down