Copying the Bomber (Somewhat)

Started by asdfchlwnsgy1236, April 15, 2014, 08:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdfchlwnsgy1236

It's my first time using CRPL and I am trying to figure out how to make a custom Bomber drop a bomb that falls like the original Bomber's AC bomb instead of blowing up immediately as it is released. Basically, I want the ship to drop the bomb, have the bomb fall for a few seconds while moving slowly forward to its target location, and then blow up.
Anyone know how? ???

Asbestos

Bombers already do that, you know. Just watch a bomber at x1 speed and you can see the AC bomb slowly falling.

asdfchlwnsgy1236

Yeah, but I want to make a different kind of Bomber, pretty much. Is that even possible?

Vanguard

Quote from: asdfchlwnsgy1236 on April 15, 2014, 10:45:10 AM
Yeah, but I want to make a different kind of Bomber, pretty much. Is that even possible?

Should be.

I am currently in the process of doing something similiar.

Let´s think this through.

Step 1) Creater bomber and let it fly around.
Step 2) At Intervals X create a bomb. Apply a script to it.
Step 3) In this Script rotate, wiggle and resize the image to give the illusion of the bomb dropping.
Step 4) At the end of the lifetime, detonate the bomb, create AC at location and destroy the item from CRPL memory.

So far my thought process. Ill update as I discover more. Need to finish my manufacturing first.

planetfall

Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Grayzzur

That it might. :)

Take a look at my IxDrones map (planetfall kindly provided the forum link). It's an attempt to re-create CW1-style Drone bombers. There's CRPL code in there for the falling bombs.

Another post that could be helpful is eduran's Flyer Movement Framework http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15387.0.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

asdfchlwnsgy1236

eduran's Flyer Movement Framework is awesome. I will definitely be using that for this. Well, after my exams, I guess....
And I think I can reuse a lot of the code for the bombs. Thanks, planetfall and Grayzzur.