Custom Map #436: Creeper TD:Tutorial

Started by AutoPost, November 09, 2011, 10:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #436: Creeper TD:Tutorial

Author: TheBlaster

Desc:
The first level of my tower defense series.Nice simple tutorial for the first level.

TheBlaster

ok so, im sure nobody needs help ::) so it is pretty easy to get high scores...(kind of obvious)
Spoiler
Get closer to the end.
[close]
I do notice that people are getting scored that are like the same so how do you think I can like try and like change that? maybe more creeper? or no ambient light?
Whats awesome?Creeper world!

oodie

love it!:) but too easy...you need to add micro rift,it would make this ALOT better

Colin

Blaster, I'm thinking that no matter what you
do there will be a set "fastest time" with this
concept. Which isn't a bad thing, but making
it harder to complete would be the trick.

One thing you might be able to do is time
drones and dig packets on undiggable terrain
for the waves? (if you just left a gateway at
the end, people would just kill it with nulls
before the wave began).

I think it will take some experimentation, but
I'm sure you could come up with a harder
version, good luck!  ;D
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

J

Good map, but too easy, you can build tons of blasters while I didn't use any more then 5.
You should use more creeper, and the waves could have been started after 10 seconds.
Less energy to start could be a good idea too. Don't be scary to make a map hard.

L'ythelle

This is a great concept for a map. I liked the color scheme, and the way you used the original division of the pic and the solid backgrounds, so the track at the bottom is a different color.

Also, you avoided the temptation to make the map huge, using just enough space to test your concept.

All tower defense games have levels at the beginning that are "too easy", even CW has easy levels at the beginning. So this map is in keeping with that tradition.

Just keep adding a feature or two with each map in your series and you will come up with great ideas for how to make every map more interesting than the one before.

TheBlaster

Quote from: oodie on November 09, 2011, 10:21:23 PM
love it!:) but too easy...you need to add micro rift,it would make this ALOT better

so like if creeper destroys it you have to restart instead of waiting for it to destroy your ship? sounds great!
Quote from: J on November 10, 2011, 02:44:24 AM
Good map, but too easy, you can build tons of blasters while I didn't use any more then 5.
You should use more creeper, and the waves could have been started after 10 seconds.
Less energy to start could be a good idea too. Don't be scary to make a map hard.
maybe it could start like 20-30 seconds later cause I don't exactly want the noobs to go nuts seeing the creeper come after they just built the first reactor...

J

Quote from: TheBlaster on November 10, 2011, 05:00:09 PM
maybe it could start like 20-30 seconds later cause I don't exactly want the noobs to go nuts seeing the creeper come after they just built the first reactor...
When it reaches your LS 40 seconds later, it shouldn't be a problem

Karsten75

There is enough time on this map to build two blasters right at the start (actually one space away) from the start of the track and have the first ammo packet arrive in time to destroy the first wave (if you can call one blobby a wave).  What puzzles me is the .3 of a second that two players have over me (and the rest). Can't figure that one out, since it must have to do with when the final bosslet is destroyed - nothing else matters time-wise.

TheBlaster

ok, preview on next level(dont click if you want to surprise yourself)
Spoiler
start time 30, needs beacons, fields are around 25% faster, lots of 2 spaced bloobies?
[close]
it will come in the next 2 days.

Edit: It might be delayed do to my science project and i have to go get my grandparents from the airport...

eudrick

A great concept and execution. The 'tutorial ' level sets the tone.  Each progressive level should add a new 'baddie'.  Drones, Creeper laden drones, and as in almost every other TD game air units that ignore the the labyrinth and fly straight for your tower aka phantoms. And don't forget multiple routes to the tower and multiple entry points for the baddies. There's a lot of room to work with here, the limit is how much time you want to spend on each map.  KEEP 'EM COMING.  Like you, I found this game via TD games.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

TheBlaster

alright, im extremly sorry the next level couldnt come out. So, i will make an level to keep you busy, it will come out in the next 48 hours if my dad doesnt mess it up again...

J

Don't worry, take your time. 1 good map is better then 10 standard maps