The Corrupted Units thread 2

Started by Builder17, February 21, 2016, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

Hello! I have made two new corrupted units and decided to create new thread because old is dead.
First thread can be found from: Corrupted units

Corrupted ore mine made by Builder17
CS

Corrupted siphon made by Builder17
CS

And not linked units in first thread:

Corrupted bomber made by pawel345
CS

Corrupted forge made by planetfall
CS

Corrupted relay made by theo
CS

TLFP

Anybody have an idea for how to create a corrupted thor?
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

bringerofdeath

Nicant

Quote from: TheLongFellowPLAYER on February 22, 2016, 12:00:28 PM
My next sleeper map will include a corrupted thor! Should be faster to complete than the CForge! Nothing to see here! I did not say anything about a *Cough! *Cough! CThor! NOPE! Ok, back on topic! So to make a corupted thor, i would have gun scripts on seperate cores on where the cannons supposed to be and make it so they follow the main thor body when the thor moves!
CW4 hype!!

TLFP

Quote from: Nicant on February 22, 2016, 03:14:08 PM
Quote from: TheLongFellowPLAYER on February 22, 2016, 12:00:28 PM
My next sleeper map will include a corrupted thor! Should be faster to complete than the CForge! Nothing to see here! I did not say anything about a *Cough! *Cough! CThor! NOPE! Ok, back on topic! So to make a corupted thor, i would have gun scripts on seperate cores on where the cannons supposed to be and make it so they follow the main thor body when the thor moves!
You could get where the corrupted thor is and rotation and do the math to make the guns follow the thor. For example, if the thor is at 15, 3 coords and 15* then you add/sub according to a formula. Not too easy, but not impossible either.

Builder17

Corrupted Thor should have weakness or it's too OP. Thor has small packet request rate as it's weakness.

TLFP

Quote from: Builder17 on February 23, 2016, 08:14:21 AM
Corrupted Thor should have weakness or it's too OP. Thor has small packet request rate as it's weakness.
You could have stations that you have to nullify in order to cut its power. For example, you have a green tower that helps it move faster, and several red ones that power the thor. You also would need a respawn point so in case the player destroys the thor (through beams, nullifiers, and/or snipers) it will respawn. You could have a superweapon that you sacrifice units to charge it by landing on it. That could be used to damage the thor.

GameGibu

With few enough parts, you don't need more tan one core for a CRPL thor. You can do the exact same calculations for different images for each part.

-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

GoodMorning

Perhaps the CThor could be vulnerable only to the normal Thor?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TLFP

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 29, 2016, 12:31:29 AM
Perhaps the CThor could be vulnerable only to the normal Thor?
That would limit the amount of maps because every map would have to have the Thor artifact available and it's kinda OP. Maybe you could limit firepower and have a self destruct sequence if you drain the power?

GoodMorning

I was thinking of a map where, perhaps, the Thor is the only available unit, prebuilt and prearmed, until one or more objectives are completed.

The other thing is that the Thor is OP enough that the "CONST_THORTARGET" is effectively useless, because providing capacity for the Thor de-balances maps. I was hoping someone would have a brilliant suggestion to counter the Thor, so that the main cannons feature would become useful.

(As a side note on the Thor, if the main cannons can break anything, why not Emitters or Spore Towers? And why is it invulnerable to AE Towers?)

TLFP

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 30, 2016, 09:37:24 PM
I was thinking of a map where, perhaps, the Thor is the only available unit, prebuilt and prearmed, until one or more objectives are completed.

The other thing is that the Thor is OP enough that the "CONST_THORTARGET" is effectively useless, because providing capacity for the Thor de-balances maps. I was hoping someone would have a brilliant suggestion to counter the Thor, so that the main cannons feature would become useful.

(As a side note on the Thor, if the main cannons can break anything, why not Emitters or Spore Towers? And why is it invulnerable to AE Towers?)
If there is a command to disarm the Thor, you could have a script with a core following the Thor and disarming it. You will still be able to fire the main cannons as usual.

GoodMorning

I don't know that such a command exists. Short of replicating the Thor in CRPL...

Builder17

Normal mode version of CorruptedSiphon , it creates runner instead powerzone.
Images of CorruptedSiphon and CorruptedOremine in CS map discussion.

GoodMorning

The CSiphon could perhaps burn resources more gradually?
Maybe ramp up, but having 2:30min to destroy it, and then having a single effect is annoying.

As an alternative, have the resources drained over time, eventually to nothing. Create a new Runner at an energy threshold, Creeper progressively, and Digitalis after every 3 Aether, say.

This lets the player destroy the CSiphon, and build their own. It also makes a huge resource pack differ from a tiny one.

Alternatively, you could limit Siphons, and have a number of insignificant-size resource packs that must be destroyed before the Creeper takes them in order to get a reasonable time. These might make 2K Creeper from an ore pack, which might contain 1 ore.