This topic is for discussion of map #9311: 22.201 - sslss .002

Author: PastorHealer
Size: 129x119

Desc:
I'm pretty sure the bugs are fine...

Helper

PH,
Excellent!
First try I managed to survive until 2:03.
Pretty good for me.
I'll keep trying.
At some point, I'd like to see someone post a screen capture at about 4:00-5:00.
Fun stuff, thanks,
H

D0m0nik

Love it.

Helper
Spoiler
Did you land bottom left and find the 6000 energy cystal? It is just fully upgrade fire rate and spam cannons after that, I raised as much ground to 0 as well.
[close]

Helper

Dad-gum it!
Spoiler
I found a whole pile of Terps, but only 250 Crystals.
Just finished trying to find it, no joy.
Will continue to march...I know it's in that pile of Totems somewhere.
[close]
Thanks,
H

EDIT:
Eureka!

pastor.healer

I'm laughing...  Helper, you are awesome!

D0m0nik, I just know I'm going to beat you some day...  My goal is to make a map
that levels out the playing field so that you're method is USELESS :)

Johnny Haywire

QuoteD0m0nik, I just know I'm going to beat you some day...  My goal is to make a map
that levels out the playing field so that you're method is USELESS

I would hardly call THAT a level playing field... I wasn't sure if I should raise it to 10 or raze it to 1. Bumpy is what I'd call that. Bumpy. But it was a GOOD sort of bumpy... like those bumpy doughnuts that they sell in the grocery store. Something like that, except without the sweetness or the calories or the purchase price and more like a game than a doughnut... but other than that it was pretty much the same. Thanks for taking the time to make maps that lead your bewildered sheep right off the Cliffs of Insanity into the Pit of Despair, and then heal them from their subsequent wounds. It's always an exciting journey!

D0m0nik - dude, I never read the forums first but when I was looking at new posts I saw a PH map with some posts so I took a peek. THANK YOU for that clue. I don't do well with hidden visual things. I probably would've never seen that, but it was easy to find once you pointed it out.  ;D

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on February 23, 2021, 12:36:19 AM
QuoteD0m0nik, I just know I'm going to beat you some day...  My goal is to make a map
that levels out the playing field so that you're method is USELESS

I would hardly call THAT a level playing field... I wasn't sure if I should raise it to 10 or raze it to 1. Bumpy is what I'd call that. Bumpy. But it was a GOOD sort of bumpy... like those bumpy doughnuts that they sell in the grocery store. Something like that, except without the sweetness or the calories or the purchase price and more like a game than a doughnut... but other than that it was pretty much the same. Thanks for taking the time to make maps that lead your bewildered sheep right off the Cliffs of Insanity into the Pit of Despair, and then heal them from their subsequent wounds. It's always an exciting journey!

D0m0nik - dude, I never read the forums first but when I was looking at new posts I saw a PH map with some posts so I took a peek. THANK YOU for that clue. I don't do well with hidden visual things. I probably would've never seen that, but it was easy to find once you pointed it out.  ;D

Thanks for the map!  ;D

JH:
"...easy to find..."?
Really? It took me 14 rude words and at least 3-4 REALLY rude words to finally find that thing.
I'm almost at 3:00 and the Spores are coming.
So far, I am avoiding the 'Pit of Despair', but PH maps are not for the faint of heart.
This is looking like a three cup of coffee day, with perhaps a shot and beer later on.
Fun stuff.
H

Helper

Saving this (a first) for posterity:

pastor.healer

Thank you Helper and Haywire for making me laugh this morning!!!

So funny...   Helper!  You did it!   You beat me at my own map.   That is incredibly
something...   I can't think of the word

For years I've been looking for ways to make a map that nobody can figure out.  And
then there's DOmOnik...

Blessings all

D0m0nik

I thought your maps were supposed to be speed running maps PH??  ;) :P

D0m0nik

Quote from: Helper on February 23, 2021, 05:53:46 AM
Saving this (a first) for posterity:

9:32 now, that is one hell of a leap! Guess that beer and a shot did the trick!

pastor.healer

Personally, I think Helper figured out how The Korean is having fun with his 3 minute games...

Spill it Helper...  Did you break the code?  :)

Helper

Quote from: pastor.healer on February 23, 2021, 02:52:34 PM
Personally, I think Helper figured out how The Korean is having fun with his 3 minute games...

Spill it Helper...  Did you break the code?  :)

PH:
Attached is a screen shot at about 7:30.
I didn't have an earlier save to show, but I might play this again just because it was so doggone much fun.
At about 2:30 in game time, the path to winning pretty well set.

Mr. D gave all the advice I needed to win.

Spoiler
After the first win, I realized I could just hold safe at the bottom left, and charge up and right to the Inhibitor.
A Nullifier in the big white circle and at the white dot (near the PZ), will just barely include the Inhibitor.
[close]

Mr. D,
It was only 0830 Hours when that happened, which is a bit early...even for me.
To be sure, there is a bottle of Woodford Reserve accompanied by some Franziskaner Weitzen waiting on the counter for 1700 Hours pm in the afternoon here.
;D

Helper

I just declared a Training Holiday and Happy Hour is fixing to commencing.
Today is a day of firsts (but it won't last long).
Yahoo!
H

Johnny Haywire

LOL @ all the great comments here.

Helper - yeah, when Dom said it was in the lower-left I just typed E6 (build siphon) and moved it systematically over the totems until it turned green.  ;)
Great time, by the way!

As for "The Korean" - yeah that's a total mystery to me. He can't possibly actually enjoy playing the game because if he did, he'd post better scores using whatever mod he's using.

PH - if you ever do figure out how to make a map that Dom can't win, please let me know. I can't wait to avoid playing that map!  :P  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?