Blue doppels

Started by Ovalcircle, September 18, 2015, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ovalcircle

I really hope that Virgil shows off blue doppels in his next video. I saw them referenced in the mission completion screen of the most recent video along with particle "ships". I honestly can't wait until he reveals them.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

warren

Blue doppels? Based on the colour theeming or particles we have already seen, that probably means they are player controlled.

Ninja

Quote from: Ovalcircle on September 18, 2015, 09:27:55 PM
I really hope that Virgil shows off blue doppels in his next video. I saw them referenced in the mission completion screen of the most recent video along with particle "ships". I honestly can't wait until he reveals them.
I do know that Virgil commented that he was kind of building the framework for multiplayer in this game, but not planning to have it in this game. It's possible that the blue doppels have something to do with that, and won't ever come in to existence. So, prepare yourself for that idea, and hope that I'm wrong. :)

Jacobkolstad

And of course, the red ships.

Asbestos

Maybe, in multiplayer, everyone will be working together to defeat one giant, extra-difficult map, and from each players' perspective, they are the "real" ships and everyone else's ships are doppels and blue energy mines and stuff.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: Asbestos on September 21, 2015, 09:55:58 AM
Maybe, in multiplayer, everyone will be working together to defeat one giant, extra-difficult map, and from each players' perspective, they are the "real" ships and everyone else's ships are doppels and blue energy mines and stuff.

I like that actually.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Nicant

It could also mean there could be a "Tier" system like particles are tier 1, doppels are tier 2, and ships are tier 3. but idk thats just what i think
Don't read this, it makes no sense!
CW4 hype!!

warren

Given that this game is almost definitely not going to have multiplayer, it is not likely that blue doppels are what the opponent sees for your ships. There could still be some sort of tournament thing where each player creates half a map and then it is like red doppels vs blue doppels all automated like.

Ovalcircle

4 months later and still waiting for virgil to showcase the blue doppels. :(
[REDACTED]

Ovalcircle

Still waiting for those azul doppels.
[REDACTED]

Karsten75

Blue Doppel :: Black Tulip

SuperTerminator

Quote from: warren on September 19, 2015, 08:10:50 AM
Blue doppels? Based on the colour theeming or particles we have already seen, that probably means they are player controlled.

From how we've seen doppels work in his gameplay videos, I'd say that friendly doppels would work just like automated sentries or patrols. The most control I'd imagine you'd have with them is setting how aggressive or defensive they act. I am intrigued at the potentials though :D
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

Nicant

Quote from: SuperTerminator on March 29, 2016, 09:29:38 AM

From how we've seen doppels work in his gameplay videos, I'd say that friendly doppels would work just like automated sentries or patrols. The most control I'd imagine you'd have with them is setting how aggressive or defensive they act. I am intrigued at the potentials though :D
Doppel Control Tech?
CW4 hype!!

SuperTerminator

Quote from: Nicant on March 29, 2016, 09:53:42 PM
Quote from: SuperTerminator on March 29, 2016, 09:29:38 AM

Doppel Control Tech?

:DDD
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

4xC

If Blue Doppels don't become canonical with the series, that is to say not part of the standard tech abilities and units, then they'll certainly be part of the PRPL magic show.

We already have some CRPL magic that allows us to play as the creeper or against ourselves (sleepers), so who are we to doubt that this will be a reality at all?
C,C,C,C