Reverse Custom Map Comment Order

Started by Jehoel, April 11, 2010, 10:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jehoel

Hello,

This is a non-critical suggestion.  Many times, I've seen comments on the custom maps page made by people who do not understand how to play the map.  They get frustrated, and then go to the maps page to vent their frustration with "omgwtfbbqsauce map is teh worst mapz evar!!!!111!! lolz".  These comments are typically the first few comments on the page, before the page hits "critical mass" when constructive comments are made by the community.

When you view the comments section of the map page, the first few comments are typically-negative from the first few contributors.  If the comments were reversed, to go from newest on top to oldest at the end, it would provide better feedback, and you wouldn't have to sift through all the old comments to get to the latest.  Plus, the older, mostly negative comments would become buried under newer, typically more relavent comments.

*equips asbestos undergarmets*  Let the flaming of this idea commence!
Though it is the Reader who undergoes the journey, it is the Writer who is the creator of worlds
~D'ni Script~

J

Katra

I prefer the usual order with posts in order with newest on the bottom.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Karsten75

Quote from: jmaps on April 11, 2010, 12:02:00 PM
even handy for forums

For the forums you can set this option in your profile, I believe.

Personally I like reading in chronological order, rather than not knowing why a specifics  response was made.

J

Kamron3

Would like it if you could log in as a map author and be able to delete comments from the system or something >_>

_k

SPIFFEN

Many negativ comments changes after they get hints of how to do the map ,
and those hints usally comes in the chat , or by PM .
and some in the forum .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links