Has anyone encountered a problem with porters?

Started by n3s, December 10, 2020, 10:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n3s

I don't know if it's scripting for Shattered or what, but I can't get porters to actually... porter. I can change the type of thing to be couriered and I can see the box label change, and the network will deliver the new thing, but when I place the destination I see the connecting ballistic string representation follow the cursor - I click to place, and the porter doesn't PORTER. I have no idea how I'm going to do Shattered or any other map that requires porters. What's going on?

Grabz

Did you wait long enough for the Porter to fill up with ammo/ware to be transported?
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

Karsten75

If you are the same person that opened a GitHub issue, I answered there. If not, please upload a save of your map so I can inspect it.

4xC

Quote from: n3s on December 10, 2020, 10:24:11 AM
I don't know if it's scripting for Shattered or what, but I can't get porters to actually... porter. I can change the type of thing to be couriered and I can see the box label change, and the network will deliver the new thing, but when I place the destination I see the connecting ballistic string representation follow the cursor - I click to place, and the porter doesn't PORTER. I have no idea how I'm going to do Shattered or any other map that requires porters. What's going on?

I'm pretty sure that this happens when the porter changes cargo but not destination landing. The old box has to either be used up or destroyed before the porter can land in the same spot with new cargo.
C,C,C,C

newcreeper

I have also been having an issue with Porters.  So far just on the random map generator.  They do start to work but then if I change their drop location or payload, the appropriate supplies will be delivered to the Porter but it never shows visually they it's being filled and the Porter drone never launches.

Odinthegod

I have the same problem. Porters are powered and full of ammo. But they will not... Porter...

Karsten75

And there is no way that anyone can help you, sicne there is no information provided except "it doesn't work", yet for many others (the vast majority, in fact) they simply do work.

Provide screenshots, map saves, anything to help us help you.