CW 2 - Story Mission 13 - The Capsule explodes, and me too.

Started by Mirco1502, December 09, 2011, 08:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirco1502

Hey there.

At first: I love CreeperWorld. I bought both Games, and i played CreeperWorld 1 Hours of Hours of Hours.  :)

After i bought CP2 a few Days ago, i thought: What a great Game, and had a lot of Fun. A lot lot lot lot lot of fun.

But there is somethin, that i really hate. I mean: REALLY hate.

And thats someting like this:

Mission 1: very Easy. Mission 2: very Easy, Mission 3: very Easy, Mission 4-12: very Easy. Misson 13: Terrible Hard ... ...

I mean ... i tried this mission now 4 Times. And on the last try i was so [expletive deleted] close to Victory, but i lost, cause the Creeper pool had in mind, to grow further and flood the last Capsule room, dont recognizing that i burned his rear [expletive deleted] with -> 6! <- Blasters, one Missile Launcher and 2 Repulsors. Excuse but, in CP1, if you shoot a Pool in the Back, i starts to dissapear. Why not in CP2?  ???

I know this sounds like Flame, but there is no fun stucking such hard on the Story Line, cause the Difficutly rise from 1  to 100 on the next level. And i was very disappointed after all. Why are you doing this?

If you want it Hard and Dirty, let the Player choose her Difficulty.  :-\

So i hope, someone can help me with this mission or a Patch with lower the Difficulty. I really want to play CP2 ...  ;)

so long.

Mirco1502

PS: sry for my bad english.

Post has been edited for language content. All language on these forums should be G-rated. -G.

knucracker

Youtube can be your friend in this case.  Here are a couple of videos showing the mission...

Watch the videos, pause the game when playing so you can think and plan carefully... and you will see that the missions really isn't that hard after all.

Michionlion

once you know/find out the statagy and methods BEHIND many of the storyline maps, that become much easier-all i can suggest is too play some code mission and up your skills, then think about that level more in-depth while playing it.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kithros

While you killed the creeper pools behind it - the creeper was still dense enough in the tunnel that it was expanding in both directions still. Once you get through the tunnel or close to the end of it it will start dropping down again.

In any case, most likely the biggest issue you're having since you're having difficulty with the last part of it is trying to kill off the middle emitter too early - don't bother trying to nullify that emitter until you have the last capsule secured - one launcher is good enough to keep the creeper in that room from overflowing the fields.

As far as the difficulty of this level goes, while it's certainly a big jump from the previous missions, it's pretty easy once you use the right strategies.

Mirco1502

JF-T

actually i found that one repulsor works well for the emitter at the bottom of start and near the surface capsule, all you need for the entire game for both, make sure you have their beams on the long setting though, wont work otherwise, though the top one probly works on medium.
But this mission is all about speed, one blaster, and repulsor and a repulsor is what you generally need to get to the first right capsule, then you need to have lots of reactors once you nullify that and make Tons on blasters, repulsors will simply help but not be a fix for the second one with the circle of creeper. I don't worry about that one until the farthest capsule is completely safe, but i nullify all the emitters after that.
It's a hard mission to get thefirst time, it took me 6 restarts to get past the second one xD
good luch Bro!
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps