Main Menu

Steam Sale

Started by pawel345, June 12, 2015, 03:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

It seems that there is some extra discount unlocked in this new steam sale game, at 10am Pacific time, that is 19:00 CEST. Some kind even extra sale will start. For CW3.

SandwichKed

I've just got to ask - when something gets marked down 90% ( ??? :o ??? :o ??? ) like this does the author actually make any money?  Because while I'm all in favor of everyone learning to love the creeper, Virgil does need to eat.

knucracker

Steam is a massive market for desktop games.  Getting exposure in the market is what its all about.  Front page exposure is golden and its how terrible games can still sell a great many copies.  Its also how good games can get overlooked if they don't get exposure.

At 90% off I take home about $1 per copy sold after steam's cut, etc.  That's not much but it is made up in volume driven by exposure.  As a one man shop, I'm fine.  I can afford to develop the next game and take all the risk of that development myself rather than raise money on promises.  Also, I can afford to live and eat and all those extra things ancillary to game development :)