Started by AutoPost, July 21, 2021, 07:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2029: [PAC] The Wal

Author: KTIVGAMES
Size: 500x100

CS Z

6 minute cheese:  PAD.

Also known as, "Play As Destroyer"...  Just select all the units.  Then click Destroy to remove all the units.  Launch spores at the rift lab.

The creeper cap is rather low on this map...you'll hit it fairly quickly.

rowlet

Without just removing the towers and such by just clicking and destroying the level is an absolute slog.
A max of 2 units you can place forces you into a very low amount of possible options, this combined with the low overall production forces you to use factory units to stockpile until you are able to launch a massive assault of like 500 blobs, skimmers and spores.
that or slowly crawl your way to the end.
If this had a higher creeper limit and more ern based units from the start it wouldn't be such a drag.

thetroll527

Quote from: rowlet on July 21, 2021, 12:52:02 PM
Without just removing the towers and such by just clicking and destroying the level is an absolute slog.
A max of 2 units you can place forces you into a very low amount of possible options, this combined with the low overall production forces you to use factory units to stockpile until you are able to launch a massive assault of like 500 blobs, skimmers and spores.
that or slowly crawl your way to the end.
If this had a higher creeper limit and more ern based units from the start it wouldn't be such a drag.

Build floods early and then push to the 4 emitters, build floods with them, then build a bunch of ground units, overwhelm the defenses, game over.  Currently I am at 1:44, I think I can get it below 1:20.

infrequentLurker

Had to register an account just to say this... if Floods are the intended solution, it'd only be polite to make them cheaper, or at least start with a better way to fill them (a significantly stronger first emitter or something), so it takes less than 40 minutes of waiting to start the map.

BrokenLifeCycle

Quote from: infrequentLurker on July 22, 2021, 12:51:35 PM
Had to register an account just to say this... if Floods are the intended solution, it'd only be polite to make them cheaper, or at least start with a better way to fill them (a significantly stronger first emitter or something), so it takes less than 40 minutes of waiting to start the map.

I agree with this sentiment. The only legitimate way to progress is through those floods, and I'm not so inclined to wait for an hour to actually play the game. Perhaps a few more ERNs might be warranted if only to give the player some semblance of early gameplay.

MadVandal

The 4 nullifiers closest to the starting point are running near empty. This can be exploited by saving/reload the game which resets the energy transits and causes those nullfiers to get  power late enough to lose their hold and have to reset. Do this a couple times and they'll burn off the AC and destroy the nullfiers giving you bit of a head start.