What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFITC1

-I have a split-screen display and the game window always starts in the center of the conjoined display. It should show in the center of monitor 1 rather than the entire desktop. I'm a special case. :) I'm not sure if this is controlled by the application or windows.

-Mute buttons for music and effects like CW 1&2 had. I know I can adjust them in the menu, but that's a bit of a pain.

-Forges need a PZ usage. Like upgrades costing 10% less.

Quote from: pawel345 on October 09, 2013, 02:04:23 AM
I would be great to add more brushes to both terraforming and the editor, it shouldn't take too much work to just allow us all brush options from 1 to 10 instead just 1,3,5,7,9 and 1,3,6,10 ?

The terraforming one is the width of the brush, but the terrain editor is the radius of the brush. If the terraforming brush size indicator was changed to be like the terrain editor, the terraforming brush would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. If vice versa, the terrain brush would be 1, 3, 5, 11, 19. The width indicator would have to be in odd numbers because you're pointing at a single map node and the brush would move too much if you were pointing to the center of a 2x2 square.

Grauniad

Quote from: NFITC1 on October 10, 2013, 12:55:17 PM
-I have a split-screen display and the game window always starts in the center of the conjoined display. It should show in the center of monitor 1 rather than the entire desktop. I'm a special case. :) I'm not sure if this is controlled by the application or windows.

I had this issue when I tried to make the game display on my Monitor 2 in a dual-monitor setup.  It turns out is'a unity "design feature" to avoid losing the window should monitor 2 go away. :(

My solution was to swap my monitor 1 and 2 designations around and play on Monitor 1. I now have no issues with the straddled window anymore.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Wally

I'm in the same situation. I don't think you're such a special case, because I know a lot of people working this way.
Wally

thejoe66

what I would like to see is the impossible maps in the tormented space be made possible it will drive me insane if i know you can't get 100%
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Harkler

The game will go fullscreen on your main monitor. You can go to Screen Resolution and set either monitor to the main one. (even on a laptop)

JonneeG

Among other things, I'd like to see a (more obvious*) way to rename non finalized custom maps inside the map editor.  

It would be nice because on one map, I started with an idea, then as I built the map, it morphed into such a different idea that by the end, the map didn't fit the title at all.  

(*I couldn't figure out how to personally, and I'm not as arrogant as to assume that because I can't find it, it isn't there  :) )

jasonroo

Right-click to deselect a unit. I used this all the time in cw2.

Grauniad

Quote from: jasonroo on October 10, 2013, 10:23:55 PM
Right-click to deselect a unit. I used this all the time in cw2.

Still works in CW3. I use it all the time.

Bacteriophage

But you'll have to change the key bindings (click menu, click keys, check the "cancels" box under right click).  By default, right click scrolls the map.

Grauniad

Quote from: Bacteriophage on October 10, 2013, 11:00:21 PM
But you'll have to change the key bindings (click menu, click keys, check the "cancels" box under right click).  By default, right click scrolls the map.

Click, hold and drag scrolls. Just right-clicking on a selected unit deselects the unit.

Bacteriophage

As far as I can tell, this does not work with it set to "Moves Map".  I click a unit (I used collectors and pulse cannons) and right click on the same unit.  Nothing seems to happen.  Could be something extremely obvious I'm missing, though.

keldor314

I really want the end of mission graphs brought back.  I loved looking at the graph and trying to figure out when I got that bertha built on a power zone.

I want to be able to send a group of guppies off to supply somewhere, the same way as I'd send a group of cannons or mortars.

When you mouse over a weapon, it should highlight the coverage of all weapons of that type, so I know if there are gaps in my coverage.  This is especially important for beams.

In the editor, I'd like to see raise/lower terrain tools, so that making natural looking mountain ranges isn't so annoying.

Grauniad

Quote from: keldor314 on October 11, 2013, 01:11:09 PM

I want to be able to send a group of guppies off to supply somewhere, the same way as I'd send a group of cannons or mortars.

Click on each guppy you want to send somewhere, or select a few by drag-select or select all by Shift-A. Now move to where you want to place them and click once for each guppy in your selection group. If you have 5 guppies selected, you have to click 5 landing slots.

Mimsy

Quote from: keldor314 on October 11, 2013, 01:11:09 PM
When you mouse over a weapon, it should highlight the coverage of all weapons of that type, so I know if there are gaps in my coverage.  This is especially important for beams.

Make it so holding down shift (for example) while hovering shows the range. I don't want circles popping up just when my mouse is idle, you know?
Momo on the DMD scores.

koker93

QuoteI want to be able to send a group of guppies off to supply somewhere, the same way as I'd send a group of cannons or mortars.

You can - mostly.  if you hold down the shift key while clicking on the guppie landing pad you will select them one at a time.  Now when you click the landing area you want it will drop one guppie, but you will still have the others waiting, move over 3 ticks and click again.  Another guppie!  and another, and another.

Its a little more time consuming, but it is also a lot more exact.  I actually kinda wish you could move everything this way.