Fields

Started by TonyP2000, May 19, 2011, 01:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyP2000

This could be the fields topic. I am of course referring to creeper that is being forced in a certain direction against gravity along a set path.

To start, I have some questions about it:

1. Does the strength of the force pushing the creeper differ depending on the cell that it is on?

2. When forced creeper reaches the end of the path, does it simply stop there or does it flow out?

3. Why is it that sometimes repulsers do not seem to be able to push back forced creeper? (I only noticed this while on the mission: Horror, with the ring of forced creeper.)

4. Could repulsers possibly be placed perpendicular to push forced creeper off of it's path and to start flowing like normally?
Vote Tony!

Sqaz

Quote from: TonyP2000 on May 19, 2011, 01:42:14 AM
1. Does the strength of the force pushing the creeper differ depending on the cell that it is on?

I don't really understand this question, each cell can contain a different field but the strenght of this field has nothing to do with any other thing except the power it's given in the editor.

2. When forced creeper reaches the end of the path, does it simply stop there or does it flow out?

It stops there from being altered by the power of the field. It will still flow in every direction though as all other forces are still applied to it, it just stops from being moved by that field. Except when the field orders it to stop, like the tentacles in 17.

3. Why is it that sometimes repulsers do not seem to be able to push back forced creeper? (I only noticed this while on the mission: Horror, with the ring of forced creeper.)

That's probably because the force of the field + the amount of creeper  is stronger than the force of your repulsors.

4. Could repulsers possibly be placed perpendicular to push forced creeper off of it's path and to start flowing like normally?

At some fields this is possible (try doing it in the Credits) the creeper will just flow out and partly abandon the field

TonyP2000

Thanks for the answers sqaz!

If anyone else wants to ask questions and discuss forced creeper, don't hesitate to reply.

In fact, post what your favorite mission is, in which forced creeper was used.

I personally like the tree level. I thought that was pretty cool.  8)
Vote Tony!

J

In the horror map, the ring of forced creeper will overflow when it reaches a specific density.
Did you try stacking repulsors?