Day 19 - Help

Started by Emmote, May 16, 2011, 08:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kren

Victory!  ;D   Thanks so much Kithros!
Now, for the epic final level...

Kren

Sorry for the double post, but here's what I got for a strategy on the last level (if anyone else gets stuck on it):
Spoiler
First, build at least 6 conversion bombs (I will refer to them as 'bombs' since there aren't any other kind of bomb in this game) I recommend building 10, though. I usually build them out in a horizontal line on either side of the LS, 5 left and 5 right. That's probably because of my OCD though. Anyway, once they are built, the map should be like this, with X's as walls, C as the Creeper, and the B's mark where you should fly the bombs to before you detonate. Note that the top 3 layers of Creeper are omitted.

BCCCCCCCCCCCBCCCCCCCCCCCBCCCCCCB
CCXXXXXCCCCCCCCCXXXCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CXXXXXXXXXCCCCXXXXXXXXCCCCXXXXCC
Now, the trick here is, once you launch a bomb to a spot, build another bomb in the same square as the 'lift-off' point its predecessor. That way, the number of bombs stays constant. After you clear the top pool of Creeper, you can reduce your bomb reserves. I usually turn my 10 into 8, and I also build 5 tech domes and the rest of the open squares I build reactors on. At this point, you have two options. Option one: You can, one at a time, dig into the chambers that don't spawn drones, and bomb all the creeper. Try to make sure that you fly the bombs to the center of the chamber, so as to have the least amount of wall and the most amount of Creeper within the bomb's range. Option two: utilize dark energy. (insert devilish grin here) I don't think I need to explain the strategies that come from this option.
[close]
I'll probably come back to post more on this.