Custom Map #10680: 70x70. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, May 27, 2023, 05:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10680: 70x70

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 70x70

Desc:
Show the creeper that you can be in their walls to win. ...No I did not say "waste your energy on an infinitely refilling wall of creeper". ...What do you mean by "it's too difficult"? Just check the forum if you need hints.

TrickyPlayer

Hint for beating this map: those creeper walls are replenished EVERY in-game frame. You can't get rid of them except by nullifying that emitter. No amount of firepower can break though. Don't even bother pushing too close to the walls, since you will just end up wasting more and more energy the closer you get.

Which structure is known for pushing creeper without damaging it, again? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the structures tab and might actually be useful for once, given the odd scenario.

Anticreeper might be useful too, since you can throw it down where you want to start your incursion. And if there's anticreeper somewhere it'll take a few seconds for creeper to push through, assuming it's not literally next to one of the walls.

Use a Bertha if you forgot where the walls are. I recommend shooting a bertha at locations you are considering to take over before actually sending in your forces.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

fanstar1

Great map TrickyPlayer! This was quite an interesting challenge to try to take and hold land behind those creeper walls. I was able to get both totems back first try, though nullifying the emitter was much harder, taking about 4 attempts for me to finally get the map done at minute 40.

fanstar1

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on May 27, 2023, 06:02:58 AMWhich structure is known for pushing creeper without damaging it, again? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the structures tab and might actually be useful for once, given the odd scenario.
The funny thing is I completely forgot the shield existed in my run, which probably would've been useful to shave some time off.