Discord transition - can someone help?

Started by reddwarf12, May 11, 2023, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddwarf12

Hi all!  I'm just back to my favorite game after a little hiatus, and I'm noticing the forum has basically moved to Discord. I've created a Discord account for this purpose, but it's not self-evident to me what to do next. When I click on "Discuss on Discord," it takes me to the Discord page for the map - where I am logged in, but it still says "You do not have permission to send messages in this channel." Also I can't see the posts - they are all greyed out.

I've clicked around a little bit but cannot figure out what's going on. If someone could help talk me through the next steps, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Builder17

Quote from: reddwarf12 on May 11, 2023, 02:24:57 PMIf someone could help talk me through the next steps, I would be very grateful.

Hi, to join a discord server you need an invite link.
For KC's server, the invite link can be found in the Announcements board.

Here it is for convenience! :) https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

Karsten75

Quote from: reddwarf12 on May 11, 2023, 02:24:57 PMHi all!  I'm just back to my favorite game after a little hiatus, and I'm noticing the forum has basically moved to Discord. I've created a Discord account for this purpose, but it's not self-evident to me what to do next. When I click on "Discuss on Discord," it takes me to the Discord page for the map - where I am logged in, but it still says "You do not have permission to send messages in this channel." Also I can't see the posts - they are all greyed out.

I've clicked around a little bit but cannot figure out what's going on. If someone could help talk me through the next steps, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!
Can you tell me if you are prohibited from posting in all Discord channels? It might be that you have to read the rules and choose the self-assigned "Citizen of Odin" role or something along those lines to be able to post.

When next you are on Discord, look for the #general channel, and if you have difficulties, ping me (@k75), or failing that, the mod team (@moderator) for assistance.