Custom Map #8224: SPATCH CSM 1000. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, March 12, 2020, 12:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8224: SPATCH CSM 1000

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
I created this map as THANKS from me to Spatch who was so kind to subscribe to channel of videobloger Ms.Dark who is great friend of our KC Community and thanks to Spatch get 1000-nd subscriber! You don't have Beam and the most important at the beginning of game is find proper way how disable/flip creeper Spore Towers. Congrat to Master Dark and thanks to Schizo and marvinitfox for kind words, #BravoCornucanis #ThanksToHyphen #BravoKajacx #BravoRegallion #ThanksToGoodMorning #ThanksToSMTaishan #Good

Twi

Honestly, I don't think the spore tower script thing is ready for primetime. The display UI isn't clear, and it seems like it randomly resets if you save and load?

I was pretty big on the map as whole, though. Been replaying the old CSM maps, just because I can't get enough of them. :V
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

Quote from: Twi on March 12, 2020, 03:21:16 PM
Honestly, I don't think the spore tower script thing is ready for primetime. The display UI isn't clear, and it seems like it randomly resets if you save and load?

I was pretty big on the map as whole, though. Been replaying the old CSM maps, just because I can't get enough of them. :V

Thanks for comment and You are welcome!

Agree about Spore Towers for players. Not predictable and not easy to use/understand/control. I have many questions to Mr. Hyphen, but can't communicate with him about this. And I used this Spore Tower unit just because unit is interesting. Will not use in future....
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

KublaiKhan

You should throw a link to this dark person.  Thanks.  Oh and great map (little all your maps).

Whistler

EEderle

How do you kill the spore towers before they kill you?

yum-forum

Quote from: EEderle on March 13, 2020, 08:47:49 AM

Spoiler
At the left/up part of map you have anti-creeper emitter and can activate "friendly spore tower", attack to the right and you can prevent creeper spores.
In the same time you can disable/flip 2 spore towers near CN
[close]
last

ede

just a little bug for me.
when I restarted my save game, my part is won. 8)
sorry :-[

Whistler

the other way is to build a forge and upgrade build speed to make you spore towers build faster
then target both areas with your 2 taking them over

yum-forum

Fresh video from PRG:  :D

P.S. Absolutely different style of playing map in comparison to me.
P.P.S. Support PRG and subscribe to his channel in YouTube.  :D

And with 2X speed for brief glance on gameplay:

last

KingGladiator88

Nice my CSM fix is filled for the day.

Yum, have you thought of going back to older maps you've created and updating them to include more recent features?

yum-forum

Quote from: KingGladiator88 on March 15, 2020, 02:31:33 PM
Nice my CSM fix is filled for the day.

Yum, have you thought of going back to older maps you've created and updating them to include more recent features?

Yes. Generally this is nice and possible but I am absolutely not able to do something with crpl units and need helps. Before now it was possible to get help from ScriptMaster Regallion but he was banned in KC and have no mood to help me.
As result - no chance...
last

renelm

How on earth do you get the flipped emitters to shoot? Ive restarted a million times and the enemy spores always shoot first.. argh! When someone mentioned ehrm.. the thing in spoiler, I thought it was one thing, but when seeing the posted video, it was an entirely different track.. No matter what I do, the enemy spore towers shoot first and the ones I have flipped just sit there..

chwooly

I originally commented and then decided that the comment wasn't needed, I have since changed my mind, I am playing this map again and I realized what I have started to really dislike about most of these maps, and it is a trend among most map makers not just Yum, There seems to be no room for mistakes, Which means you are forced to play by pausing so that you can make sure you don't make a single mistake since you must use every single second exactly perfectly.

If you don't get the walls to the right of the start to 10 within 1 min, you will be over run by creeper coming from the green gate that is filled by an emitter at 1700, If you don't get the gate open in 3 secs of start for the Ac emitter to turn the spore tower in the upper left, you won't have time to get the rest of the spore towers. The over the top delays for everything, Then of course there is the exact opposite where the delays for the no fly zones are so long you can take a nap while you wait for it to become a safe zone again.

These maps are designed for a very specific style of game play to get the high scores. I don't care about the top score but I do like to score below the average so since these maps are specifically designed for those that are pause move pause move players. That take over 2 hours to play but post 20 mins times, I will continue to score these with 1's scores. Personally I would rather both the score and the rating system dies in the next game but I know that will not be.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

marvinitfox

Quote from: EEderle on March 13, 2020, 08:47:49 AM
you jut SAVE and LOAD the map, that apparently ERASES all spore tower progress.