Weasee

Weasee

There is a spot where
Spoiler
you can nullify both the emitter and the anti-air node at the same time
[close]
using the singularity in the right spot:
Spoiler
just to the left/down from the emitter, opens enough space for the (hidden) guppy to build some collectors and build the nullifier!
Lift the CN just as the collectors have built, and only supply the forge with just enough packets to get the nullifier built, otherwise the guppy runs out
[close]

rennervate

-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Weasee

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: rennervate on January 12, 2023, 12:22:19 PMbut are you otherwise okay?
;-)

Weasee is not human, if you thought that. He is an evil software anomaly sent here by the evil side to torment us. Maybe weasee is actually creeper?

oldnewby

Quote from: Weasee on January 12, 2023, 04:35:21 AMThere is a spot where
Spoiler
you can nullify both the emitter and the anti-air node at the same time
[close]
using the singularity in the right spot:
Spoiler
just to the left/down from the emitter, opens enough space for the (hidden) guppy to build some collectors and build the nullifier!
Lift the CN just as the collectors have built, and only supply the forge with just enough packets to get the nullifier built, otherwise the guppy runs out
[close]
WOW... Weasee!!!... Evil??? Np Way!!!  "Into every generation a hero is born"... and the rest of us climb to new heights by standing on the shoulders of those who have gone before... 
Spoiler
Reference:- Buffy the Vampire Slayer USA TV show in the late 90s
[close]
Tries that failed include:- 
-Destroying the emitter as it disgorged another 2000 pile of creeper with an empty forge does not allow a win by waiting for all of that creeper to evaporate...  I did not want to leave my computer on for the far too many hours (?days?) that was taking...   
-Also had problems energizing the forge so it would store Totem production... Till...
Spoiler
I "C" keyed all the Totems except for the 100X super Forge.... once I did that... the Command Ship started sending energy to both the Totem and the forge... Makes no sense to me... But it worked...
[close]
You finished the map so fast that I suspect you didn't even need to reenergize the forge... !!!!!  Rereading your above hints...
Spoiler
Am now wondering if the two Spoiler alerts are really one single sentence split in half... ?????
[close]
- That HIDDEN GUPPY you mention... is really well hidden ... Could not find it by links from the collectors... nor by "O" key search after I built my own guppies...   Perhaps clones of the missing Berthas and Thors in the several above posts... ????

Weasee

Quote from: oldnewby on March 16, 2023, 03:32:31 PMYou finished the map so fast that I suspect you didn't even need to reenergize the forge... !!!!!  Rereading your above hints...
Spoiler
Am now wondering if the two Spoiler alerts are really one single sentence split in half... ?????
[close]
- That HIDDEN GUPPY you mention... is really well hidden ... Could not find it by links from the collectors... nor by "O" key search after I built my own guppies...  Perhaps clones of the missing Berthas and Thors in the several above posts... ????
I'd have to look at the level again, but I think the guppy is
Spoiler
far far away - you need to zoom out!

and yes, the two spoilers are hints to my solution, the first more obtuse than the second :-)
[close]

oldnewby

Quote from: Weasee on March 16, 2023, 08:03:59 PM
Quote from: oldnewby on March 16, 2023, 03:32:31 PMYou finished the map so fast that I suspect you didn't even need to reenergize the forge... !!!!!  Rereading your above hints...
Spoiler
[close]
- That HIDDEN GUPPY you mention... is really well hidden ... Could not find it by links from the collectors... nor by "O" key search after I built my own guppies...  Perhaps clones of the missing Berthas and Thors in the several above posts... ????
I'd have to look at the level again, but I think the guppy is
Spoiler
far far away - you need to zoom out!

and yes, the two spoilers are hints to my solution, the first more obtuse than the second :-)
[close]
My screen never did show the hidden guppy...  But...
Spoiler
  The old click a guppy... then press "O"   THEN.... start landing the guppies... and WOHAAAAA !!!!!!!!!... a third guppy track appears leading way off screen... perhaps even buried under the bottom info/control block... And having forgotten how to disappear/reappear the bottom info/control block... It is time for me to go back to CW3 to review some how-to-play screen basics...   
[close]

oldnewby

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on January 10, 2023, 06:54:23 AMI like all the constructive suggestions here!

After a bad brain burn and sleepless nights on yet another of your Singularity training maps... I SHUDDER to admit I retreated to watching chick flicks and reading Sci Fic books to fill the hours that my CW3 addiction otherwise consumed...  Then after some months rebuilding my shaken confidence in DMD's easiest maps... I finally was able to come up with a research plan and reopen this map as a test bed to answer a basic question on how the SINGULARITY works...
Thesis Q =>  "Does the size of the singularity blast act like a Black Hole's gravity field and increase the strength and breadth of the attractive force... or does it merely increase the duration of the holding time per the 1 second per 5 units Aether expended formula..."
Test =>  Restart Map #10482 and save it once the Command Ship lands and a Totem receives one charge which activates the Singularity FIRE button - At time 4.2 seconds -  Then try a single 100% blast... and record the creeper level at the center emitter and each of the 4 map corners until the corner creeper levels drop to Zero  For comparison, Open the save and repeat using the 25% blast setting... Then immediately firing again and again as soon as the FIRE button allows...
Results=>
Spoiler
The single 100% blast kept attracting creeper long after the corner creeper levels all dropped to zero... This took till 67.7 seconds on the map timer   Finishing the map by adding a collector to the SW corner to generate more Aether... took 3,33 minutes
The second 25% multiple firing test achieved zero creeper in all 4 corners in 24.1 seconds... for a much faster completion time. ~ 65 seconds.
[close]
CONCLUSIONS=>
Spoiler
The effect of multiple small Singularity bursts is additive and much more effective than a single large Singularity burst on a small map...
[close]

Hopefully expert CW3 map designers will advise us if the blast radius/area remains constant vs. increases with the size of the blast...

Thank you again Martin for your challenging maps- I learned a lot about using Singularities from this one... And a little brain stretching is good for me...

Weasee

Quote from: oldnewby on April 16, 2023, 04:48:23 PMHopefully expert CW3 map designers will advise us if the blast radius/area remains constant vs. increases with the size of the blast...

The radius of the blast doesn't increase with the number of bursts... but the radius does increase with the Forge's "Fire Range" upgrades. I haven't experimented enough to see if the strength of the singularity increases with the "Fire Rate" upgrades or not...

I have been on some maps, with an upgraded forge, and the massive radius of the singularity was actually a hindrance not a benefit!

Martin Gronsdal

My question is not who made the two of you (Weasee and oldnewby), but why!

Hehe and many thanks for playing!