Mac version

Started by ljw1004, November 08, 2021, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljw1004

I realized after clicking the "buy" button that CW4 is the first Knuckle Cracker game not to have a Mac version.

I still like to give my money to support this game. Does anyone know if (1) a Mac version is expected at some time within the next 2-3 years? (2) the purchase I made just now, and the license code I got for it, should be expected to work on that future version?

Builder17

Quote from: ljw1004 on November 08, 2021, 02:36:49 PM
I realized after clicking the "buy" button that CW4 is the first Knuckle Cracker game not to have a Mac version.

I still like to give my money to support this game. Does anyone know if (1) a Mac version is expected at some time within the next 2-3 years? (2) the purchase I made just now, and the license code I got for it, should be expected to work on that future version?

From our discord server:
"On porting CW4 toMacOs:  it is still possible, but not in the short term. 
It would happen only after things settle out with the new apple silicon (and support on steam, etc).  So not this year (2021)."

You could try running CW4 on Crossover, if it works in your Mac?

I believe that buying an licence code will work for all future versions of CW4. :)

knucracker

Yeah, I am not working on the mac port currently and won't (if ever) until things totally settle with the architecture switchover in the mac world. I don't want to publish two version for the mac, and I don't yet know how steam will handle it, etc.

In any case, just email me at support at knucklecracker dot   com and I can help you with the purchase.

antijava

Why not just release an Intel version, and let Rosetta handle running on Apple Silicon Macs?  A dual binary would be nice, but not necessary.