What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLMike

I'd like it if, when selecting multiple units (especially when you drag-select), that there's a display somewhere that tells you how many units you have. Which would be especially useful for air units.

florrat

Don't know if this has been suggested before, but I'd like to be able to type the star system I want to go (in Tormented Space and Prospector Zone). So if I want to go to S200_73, I want to have a search function or something, so that if I type 73 (or S200_73) I go to that star system. Now, if someone says there's a nice map in S200_73, I have to search the entire area for that star system.

miquelfire

When you use the load file menu option, I wish there was a menu for the save slots. As it is now, you can have a file named: custom_map-auto-auto-auto-auto-auto-auto.cw3 in the long run with the auto save feature. :P

Grauniad

Quote from: miquelfire on October 16, 2013, 07:06:24 PM
When you use the load file menu option, I wish there was a menu for the save slots. As it is now, you can have a file named: custom_map-auto-auto-auto-auto-auto-auto.cw3 in the long run with the auto save feature. :P

Don't load the auto-save file. Load the original  game file, the menu with save slots will show and choose the save you want to load from there.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

florrat

Two small UI suggestions:

-When selecting a collector or weapon (anything which has a range) which is not yet finished building, I'd like to see the range of that unit/structure.

-I'd like to see the connections between structures/weapons and not yet landed command nodes (for example, when I order my CN to land somewhere, and place 2 collectors next to it, there is a connection displayed between the 2 (unbuild) collectors. I'd also like to see a connection with my (unlanded) CN.

EDIT: Another small suggestion: in the menu, your saved files currently contain date + time of day. I'd like to also see the mission time in there

cooperbe

I would like to see a elevation guide attached to the minimap that appears when you click on a planet.  It would be nice when in Tormented Space or Prospector's, to gain a little more information quickly about the general outline of the map.  There are so many different terrain palettes and textures, its hard to tell at a glance the map elevations.  And will be harder when folks start submitting customized maps.

Also, tossing in my vote for displaying all firing ranges for like units, especially the beams

Lord_Farin

Some further suggestions from me (some have been mentioned above, I second them):

1. Quicksave/quickload (Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V as in CW2 would be fine)
2. Leave a world without saving
3. The ability to launch guppies/strafers/bombers with a partial load
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

J

Quote from: Lord_Farin on October 17, 2013, 04:16:35 AM
Some further suggestions from me (some have been mentioned above, I second them):

1. Quicksave/quickload (Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V as in CW2 would be fine)
2. Leave a world without saving
3. The ability to launch guppies/strafers/bombers with a partial load
You can already launch strafers and bombers without full load, just deselect auto-relaunch and set a target. You can check auto-relaunch again and won't turn back immediatly. Quicksave/load is already implemented, check your key bindings.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: J on October 17, 2013, 04:47:24 AM
You can already launch strafers and bombers without full load, just deselect auto-relaunch and set a target. You can check auto-relaunch again and won't turn back immediatly. Quicksave/load is already implemented, check your key bindings.

:blush: Thanks for pointing out.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Xindaris

I would really like for the terrain brush, both in editor and terraforming, to have a "straight-line" function, similar to drawing a straight line in MSPaint. My hand is horribly unsteady, and the terrain tiles are smaller on the screen than in earlier games, so when I want to draw a straight line I have to go back and get rid of all the bumps and ridges. That's annoying.

4xC

Yes it is annoying. Especially on small maps with almost no room to scroll the screen in completely vertical or horizontal directions.

On bigger maps, just hold the mouse still and scroll with the WASD keys.
C,C,C,C

Kharnellius

Don't think this was mentioned.  Please "auto-pause" the game when a dialog box comes up (like when you collect a tech).
Also, please add an "Ok" button to those dialog boxes.  It feels weird having to hit the "x" when it pops up.  At first I couldn't figure out how to close it, lol.

Very annoying to connect to one and have it pop-up without it auto-pausing as sometimes it happens at an inopportune time.

pawel345

An in game manual, explaining each unit and overall mechanics. There is a short explanation during the Arc Eternal, but it doesn't give any numbers like energy/sec for reactors/collectors, exact range and damage for weapons and so on. Maybe a cool thing would be displaying those numbers when the unit is selected like health is shown now. Also if health could be in numbers instead of % as that would allow us to see difference between how long can an unit stay in the creeper.

Mimsy

- Tell units to hover or not land. (checkbox)

This one's almost cheating but you can already move a unit back and forth to make it hover manually. You could use it to, for example, drop your entire invasion force at exactly the same time. But you could also use it to build up a large number of units with just a little land, which I think goes against the spirit of the game.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Lord_Farin

It's very minor compared to other requests, but I'd like anti-aliasing or vector graphics rendering for the paths between star systems. If one zooms in to one of the most detailed level, there's the "M$ Paint"-y type of straight line that I think has no place in CW3.