Custom Map #1214: Defend Your Castle. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, August 17, 2018, 02:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1214: Defend Your Castle

Author: FOXX
Size: 448x166

Desc:
Idea from Rothom. Buildup Your Defenses and prepare for the Enemy Attack. #ParticlesOverMiredLand #NoEnergyMineSnake #EmergentUp #Challenging

FOXX

System used in Map 1181 - Build a Bear (by Sorrontis).
OPC Module by Joao Pistori, Kajacx and FOXX.
Terp Module by BlueBolt.
Scripting by Kajacx.

You have The OPC Module and the Terp to Expand your Castle.
Wave Starts at 4Mins and lasts for 2Mins.

OPC Module-> press the "N" key (when charged) and LeftMouseClick to deploy. Terp -> press the "T" key and 'draw the land using LeftMouseClick. Press "T" again for deleting blocks. Space = cancel.
[ and ] for increase / decrease tiles.

Build a Bear System info

Press CRTL + Y to Build an Energy Mine
Press CRTL + U to Build a TiconDefenseGun
Press CRTL + H to Build an Emitter (Max 10 Emitters)
Press CRTL + J to Buld an AmpGem

ALL Items will be Build at Current Mouse Position. Then Lathe it.
Items with a Golden Star do NOT have Increased Cost.
You can Delete a placed Item by hoovering over with the Mouse and Press CTRL + X.
[close]

Enjoy
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Syth

I failed miserably the first time. Second was the charm!
A very helpful thing is asap make a line with the TERP across and at the same time amping the OPC to spam land/omni.

FOXX

Nice Syth,

with this map you have to get going. I believe i had 5 or 6 Land/Omni Platforms before the wave came.
This is actually a map you have to start over and i don't have many of those maps.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

I like these kinds of maps and I'm wondering why it has received such a low score.

Perhaps the instructions about how to use the omni platform ship are a bit unclear? It said to "right click" when you actually need to just click normally (LEFT-click). If anyone else is confused, here's how it works. At least on a normal PC/mouse combo:

1) Press "N" and you'll see a new circle appear around the OPC ship. That shows you the range for the "platform ray" (the beams that come out to make the platform).
2) If your OPC module is charged and ready to go, simply click anywhere in that range, and you'll build a platform. If you have some sort of weird mouse, you might need to right-click. But here in the world of PC-using, nothing-special, plain-ol' normal systems, you'll want to left-click.
3) You can use the terp to connect the platforms to help with miring. In fact, you can beat this map using ONLY these two ships. It's not too difficult to win with 80 omnis  ::)

TIPS:
Power is going to be your biggest bottleneck early-on. I'd recommend focusing on building mines and platforms for the first minute or two. I had about 8 platforms by the time the wave hit. It's also a good idea to build emitters along the land to prevent being overrun with particle mire. I had 6 built along the back wall, and between them and the 18 omnis, my castle didn't go in the red at any point.

Thanks for the map, Foxx! I finished Sorrontis' maps so I figure I'll work through yours (from lowest-rated to highest). I like your creativity & diversity - and your maps are a bit less brutal, lol.  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 15, 2018, 02:31:48 PM
I like these kinds of maps and I'm wondering why it has received such a low score.

Perhaps the instructions about how to use the omni platform ship are a bit unclear? It said to "right click" when you actually need to just click normally (LEFT-click). If anyone else is confused, here's how it works. At least on a normal PC/mouse combo:

1) Press "N" and you'll see a new circle appear around the OPC ship. That shows you the range for the "platform ray" (the beams that come out to make the platform).
2) If your OPC module is charged and ready to go, simply click anywhere in that range, and you'll build a platform. If you have some sort of weird mouse, you might need to right-click. But here in the world of PC-using, nothing-special, plain-ol' normal systems, you'll want to left-click.
3) You can use the terp to connect the platforms to help with miring. In fact, you can beat this map using ONLY these two ships. It's not too difficult to win with 80 omnis  ::)

TIPS:
Power is going to be your biggest bottleneck early-on. I'd recommend focusing on building mines and platforms for the first minute or two. I had about 8 platforms by the time the wave hit. It's also a good idea to build emitters along the land to prevent being overrun with particle mire. I had 6 built along the back wall, and between them and the 18 omnis, my castle didn't go in the red at any point.

Thanks for the map, Foxx! I finished Sorrontis' maps so I figure I'll work through yours (from lowest-rated to highest). I like your creativity & diversity - and your maps are a bit less brutal, lol.  ;D ;D

Hi Johnny,

thanks for clarifying the system and your 'test results', interesting Omni facts :). And for seeing the mistake (mouseclick -> changed it)
This map is a bit harder than my usual maps. Not an easy start. Might explain the lower rating.

So you played some cool maps and now you're off to mine ;)

Enjoy
Greets,
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

Ha! Yeah, he has some cool maps alright, as does Yum. But some of their maps make me think so hard I have to get snacks, and the missus Haywire doesn't like what those snacks do to me.

If I compared your maps to movies, I'd say your maps are usually a Marvel movie. They're almost always enjoyable, sometimes you get into a bit of difficulty, but in the end you know you're going to win. Eventually.

Sorrontis' maps are more like... man, I dunno. Some sci-fi crazy horror movie with a grandma, gerbils, and cheerleaders, I suppose. All sorts of stuff is going to happen and you're probably not going to expect it. And who knows if you'll win? I really enjoyed most of his maps as well as yours & Yum's. You guys are all great mapmakers, just in quite different ways.  ;)

Cheers!  ;D

FOXX

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 16, 2018, 01:53:52 AM
Ha! Yeah, he has some cool maps alright, as does Yum. But some of their maps make me think so hard I have to get snacks, and the missus Haywire doesn't like what those snacks do to me.

If I compared your maps to movies, I'd say your maps are usually a Marvel movie. They're almost always enjoyable, sometimes you get into a bit of difficulty, but in the end you know you're going to win. Eventually. [/spoiler]
Haha, well spoken Johnny.
Spoiler
Best Movies are 80's Movies imo :)
[close]

Sorrontis' maps are more like... man, I dunno. Some sci-fi crazy horror movie with a grandma, gerbils, and cheerleaders, I suppose. All sorts of stuff is going to happen and you're probably not going to expect it. And who knows if you'll win? I really enjoyed most of his maps as well as yours & Yum's. You guys are all great mapmakers, just in quite different ways.  ;)

Cheers!  ;D
Thanks and agreed. for me 1 mapmaker could be added -> Decagon.
When i started to make maps the other 3 had made maps.
Decagon -> Lore Maps
Sorrontis -> as you said ;)
Yum -> tricky puzzle maps.
So i decided to go for the playable maps. (didn't know in the beginning, had to learn the editor and functions first)

And here is hoping the other mapmakers make more PF Maps ;)

greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Johnny Haywire

Oh yeah, almost forgot about Keeper Decagon. I think his maps were the first ones I did and if I remember right, he had some of the biggest ships I've ever seen.

There are others like JoaoPistori also (who has some pretty challenging maps) but I don't think he & others are as prolific as you guys.

Great maps though... always appreciate them!  ;D