Custom Map #366: Independence Day

Started by AutoPost, October 26, 2011, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #366: Independence Day

Author: jhmc

Desc:
Recapturing that feeling of a sneak attack on one base and pulling back into an underground bunker to regroup and repulse the invaders.

Colin

Okay, this is a great map! I really like
the:
Spoiler
death trap at 10 minutes.  ;)
I had all my units right next to the Creeper
at 10 minutes, and was blasting it with a
bunch of launchers ect when it started
fighting back . . . I was surprised!  ;D
[close]
By the way, anyone who hasn't played this
map yet I suggest you use extreme caution.  ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

jhmc

Thank you!

Spoiler

I hadn't intended so much to cluster around the ten minute mark; there was supposed to be a slow ramp-up, and additional surprises at 15 minutes.

When I tested, it wasn't quite what I wanted, but it was fun. I thought it best to leave it as it was.
[close]

Kithros

I guess I didn't get to that part - the map is quite easy if you nullify the gateways at the beginning (I had them nullified within 30 seconds), and then I boxed in the high density creeper with shields and used repulsors to push the creeper around to make the launchers do damage faster. It does take some amount of luck though for no drones to kill the nullifier while it's setting off though.

burguertime

i nullified only one gateway, but I really like to take my time on the maps.

really fun one.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Colin

Quote from: Kithros on October 26, 2011, 05:14:03 PM
I guess I didn't get to that part - the map is quite easy if you nullify the gateways at the beginning (I had them nullified within 30 seconds), and then I boxed in the high density creeper with shields and used repulsors to push the creeper around to make the launchers do damage faster. It does take some amount of luck though for no drones to kill the nullifier while it's setting off though.

Oh Kithros, can you please play 1 map
how it was intended? Just once? I mean
I'm all for fast times and such, but the
effect that it produces at 10 minutes
is really devastating. Try it out!  ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

jhmc

Quote from: Kithros on October 26, 2011, 05:14:03 PM

Actually, did that myself successfully (just once) and added the moved the creeper from 5min to 1.5min figuring NOBODY would get the chance to push back at the gateways quicker than that.

I figured wrong.