Can't post custom map

Started by JD, January 26, 2010, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

Well ,I have the full, updated game and map editor. I have made levels, played them (and they work), and have tried to post them, but they don't show up. :'( What is wrong? ???
Please help. Thanks.

Aurzel

maybe because virgil hasnt approved them yet?

JD

k... that makes sense, but I have been submitting them since yesterday, and... others were approved a lot faster. :-[   
At the time while I was submitting yesterday, I would see others being posted, saying "map submitted _____ minutes ago," being like 5 minutes ago. Not to sound impatient, but... does this mean submittted for approval, or submitted to the site for downloading? Because if it is for approval, then something is very wrong. But if it is to the site, then I understand.
But... thanks for replying!  ;)

Karsten75

The current process to upload maps involves a lot of manual work on the site owner's part. He divides his time between other activities and uploading maps.  If you have submitted your maps, I'd give it 48 hours before getting worried.

JD

Alriggt, thanks. Sorry for getting imaptient.  :-\

knucracker

There is a backlog of about 20 maps right now.  I post 10 maps each evening... so as to give each batch a full day on the main page.  I post maps in the order I receive them, so I should be getting to you map soon.  The time posted is the time that I put the map on the site.

Btw, what are the names of the maps you have uploaded?  I'll check to see how many other maps are in front of them.

JD

My maps are: The Red Sea (sorry for posting it like 10 times  :-[ ), The Flood, and The Flood 2.
Hope I didn't cause you too much trouble, I thought there would be more than one person looking at these.

teengamer

Mine isn't showing up! It's been atleast 3 days. It's named "Valley of Hills"/

knucracker

You just barely missed today's "10" maps.  Yours is next in the list so it will be the first one to go up tomorrow.  Sorry for the delay, there has been a  real rush on maps recently.

JD

I can tell. Thanks for the info, I appreciate the hard work that you do as one person. That's pretty cool. 8)
I'm starting a series, and I will probably be sending a new one in about 2 times a week or so, so prepare yourself.  ;)
Happy Gaming! ...and creating... and looking.
But thanks!