Couple of questions for the map-makers

Started by Karsten75, January 22, 2010, 11:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

When you select a custom image, can you select it on a per-level basis or is the custom image simply a background image?

I'll remember the other questions later.

SPIFFEN

You make 1 custom map and choose what you want to be on that map ,
the next map you make , you have to choose again what you want on that map .

So if you make another map and want the same background ,
you have to uploade it again ( the background ) or uploade the first map and make changes ,
and save it as another map .

Thats my experience =P

PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

Hmmm... the default map terrain looks different for each elevation. If I want to create a  "candyland"-type map where each level is different (red, blue, green, orange, purple, then what you say is I have to create the levels, then create a background image that matches to the levels and put that in? Sounds like too much work.

Aurzel

yeah it does sound like too much work lol, or you can create a background you like and edit the terrain to suit the background

SPIFFEN

Hmm , i think you know better than this ,
are you pulling our legs because you are bored ?
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Aurzel

Karsten75

Now I don't know if I misunderstood or what?

Aurzel

Karsten75

While Aurzel is misbehaving, here is my second question. In the map maker, I see "Walls", but how do I make decaying walls vs. crazonium walls that does not decay?

Aurzel

you click the 'crazonium walls' option, if you cant see it redownload the map, i had that problem too

Karsten75

Well, I can create 0-strength emitters, which is the new update, yet I can't get crazonium walls?

knucracker

Ensure that you see "Ver: 0354" in the lower left hand corner of the map editor.  If not, grab the latest version.  There is a "Draw Crazonium Walls" checkbox on the walls accordion that lets you toggle between normal and crazonium walls.

As for the background, maps are made up of a single background image.  The terrain that you draw changes the lightness and darkness of that image (and also adds edges) to give the appearance of a terrain.