Map Testing

Started by Mrmcdeath, June 18, 2010, 11:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrmcdeath

I made a map and I can't beat it myself. Since many people are better than me at this game I thought that making a Map Testing thread would help some of those worse people at the game still make sure that their maps are beatable even when they can't be beaten. This thread is for putting maps up to test and if you beat somebodies map then post on here so they can submit it.

Here is my Omaha Beach map that I posted a while ago but I made it quite a bit harder. I can't seem to beat it. Anybody up for the challenge?
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

mthw2vc

I've got my foothold now... Since I checked and there aren't any "Surprises" later in the game, it'll just be a matter of building up reactors and an extra blaster or two when the creeper starts to build up, then pushing forward. I'll edit the post to indicate when I'm done. Also, are you sure you uploaded the correct version? It seems... easy.
EDIT: Done. I'm still not sure you uploaded the right version.

Mrmcdeath

Yea it's the right one. The other one is WAY easier. Thanks for testing it. Anybody got maps that they want tested?
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Blaze

I might.
Been so busy lately, got to work on my next map and I don't have time to test it.

Blaze

Here ya go too tired to make the whole story so I put No spoilers in opening text.

Like I said I have no time.

And post any bugs/glitches/too easy/impossible in this thread.
I'll fix them and comeback with the updated one.
Since I still have to make the story, post a screen shot for the map approvers to see.
Thanks.

ElderKingpin

how can you know if everyone can truly beat it, because some people are just plain out not as good as others.. If the creator himself cant beat it, what hope do other people have >.>...
I am the ultimate lurker.

Why? I joined in 2009. And i have less than 15 posts. Booyah.

SPIFFEN

Quote from: ElderKingpin on June 25, 2010, 04:04:39 AM
how can you know if everyone can truly beat it, because some people are just plain out not as good as others.. If the creator himself cant beat it, what hope do other people have >.>...
Thats why the map is posted here , so better players can find out if it is possibel to finnish .

BTW , not my kind of map , so i'll not use any time to test it =(
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Blaze

Well my sisters friends are coming over today so I'll have time now.
Thanks for posting what you think though.

Although what is your kind of map?

mthw2vc

Quote from: Blaze on June 25, 2010, 02:01:50 AM
Here ya go too tired to make the whole story so I put No spoilers in opening text.

Like I said I have no time.

And post any bugs/glitches/too easy/impossible in this thread.
I'll fix them and comeback with the updated one.
Since I still have to make the story, post a screen shot for the map approvers to see.
Thanks.
It's impossible as it stands. the totem at (27, 21) has no space next to it to put a connecting collector and you can't move the city. Even if it were removed, it is very difficult (If not impossible) and requires an absurd amount of bridging to finish the map at all (At least 3 places)

Blaze

Quote from: mthw2vc on June 25, 2010, 04:55:53 PM
It's impossible as it stands. the totem at (27, 21) has no space next to it to put a connecting collector and you can't move the city. Even if it were removed, it is very difficult (If not impossible) and requires an absurd amount of bridging to finish the map at all (At least 3 places)

Huh I thought I put normal walls in places to connect to the totems...
I'll take a look.

Thanks for taking time to test my map.

[Edit] Ohhh.... I see what totem your talking about tricky, tricky.... Oh, theres another one.
Modified terrain, Removed one totem, Tweaked all of the emitters down, Added Relay Tech.
That Should do. The attached file is the updated one.

Yeah I was right about the walls....
Also I put in the text, story, and everything now, so go-ahead post a score it'll be fine now.
And this map isn't a big plot map so don't expect much story-wise.
Also look around on the terrain as there are multiple spots to place buildings. Mainly Relays.
And I will post a score when I have more time.

mthw2vc

Much better... 6:32/9016 3:43/9414
I probably could've done a lot better, as you can probably tell by the huge speed/reactor farm I had.

Overall pretty good. The start is tricky to get perfect, but doesn't punish you too much if you mess it up, then once you hook everything up, it's a simple, but interesting rush to the totems.

Blaze

Good job! didn't think it was possible in 3 minutes...
But thats what I was going for: A rush to save everything.

So you submitted your score right?
Either way I'll put a link in the description to this thread.

mthw2vc

Yes, I submitted both of them.

Blaze

Once again, thanks mthw2vc.

SPIFFEN

I think this thread should be in support .

And i have an map that need testing because i dont have time to post an test score my self right now .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links