Achievements on Kongregate

Started by Karsten75, February 07, 2010, 12:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Virgil, if/when you want to spike traffic again, and it is good to wait until the "newness factor" wears off, you may want to consider adding some achievement badges on the Kongregate site. I believe it costs money for the developer, but a lot of people play to get those and it serves to put the application on that rotating banner on the homepage. I know that I always check out all the games on that banner.

You may want to, at that time, also add a few really hard levels to the sim for people to play and earn the hard badges.

Mrmcdeath

I think it has to be added by the kongregate team. Games have to have a special client that hooks the game with the rest of kongregate.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

Yeah, achievements are done by the kong guys.  All I have to do is implements their stats API, which I have done already.  They come along later and do badges and such based on the stats I've implemented.  For chopraider, it took them about 3 months.  Sometimes, they wait a while before adding the badges. 

And yes, when badges are added there is another spike of traffic... so I actually prefer for them to wait a month or two before adding the badges.  It takes a slightly older game and brings it back to the forefront of attention again.