CW3 Release Date Guesses Competition

Started by thepenguin, July 26, 2013, 02:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja

My guess is today: If today passes with no release, I shall make another guess. :P

thepenguin

At last, the long-awaited guesses plot #2.

I have to say, it's about what I expected.
We have become the creeper...

Kingo

Quote from: thepenguin on August 21, 2013, 02:40:13 AM
At last, the long-awaited guesses plot #2.

Removed double-posted image -G.

I have to say, it's about what I expected.

Mid-August has come and gone.
Heck, we haven't gotten a blog update that soon... admittedly, I understand V is working hard on the story and last-minute details.

J

that means at least 29 votes were wrong ;D
I'm happy my vote was in early september

Mr.H

Quote from: J on August 21, 2013, 01:26:17 PM
Note the 'Beta'
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

J

Quote from: Mr.H on August 22, 2013, 02:14:27 AM
Quote from: J on August 21, 2013, 01:26:17 PM
Note the 'Beta'
Quote from: thepenguin on July 26, 2013, 02:28:02 PM
2. Betas / Mods are not allowed to compete using insider information that the rest of the competitors do not have.
and I voted only once and directly when this topic was created.

billybob

Quote from: Ronini on August 14, 2013, 04:32:25 AM
Sorry to spoil the mood, but you are aware that there is no reason why the story missions have to be made in any particular order, right? It is totally possible that the final mission is being created as the 10th or 20th mission and there are still more to be done.

Actually because of story reason it will be HELL to make a good story if you write parts here and there making almost so sense at the time... have you tried writing a story with random paragraphs? It's not easy or fun...
Dating is one thing. Being loved is another. Problem is, you can never be sure if you're loved.

Unless it's your Mom...

Anyone wish CW was real?

theogeer

Quote from: billybob on August 23, 2013, 09:13:27 PM
Quote from: Ronini on August 14, 2013, 04:32:25 AM
Sorry to spoil the mood, but you are aware that there is no reason why the story missions have to be made in any particular order, right? It is totally possible that the final mission is being created as the 10th or 20th mission and there are still more to be done.

Actually because of story reason it will be HELL to make a good story if you write parts here and there making almost so sense at the time... have you tried writing a story with random paragraphs? It's not easy or fun...

While I think the intent of the post was to mean that Virgil was indeed finishing the last story mission he needed to complete, I have to point out that this is exactly how many writers write. In fact, one of the most important things taught in writing courses is to write what is taking your attention most, because that is what will produce the most vivid, powerful, in-voice storytelling. For longer works (like novels) this often means that a book is not written in anything like the order that it is finally printed in. It's less akin to writing paragraphs out of order and more like writing chapters out of order, which I think is a reasonable analogy for the story-missions of creeper world. I see each mission as a chapter in the overall story-arc.

Every author's process is a little different, but writing out of order is extremely common. Some authors manage this by story-boarding the entire novel (or sometimes set of novels) early in their writing process. Other authors story-board very little and discover how pieces of their story fit together after writing numerous movements at different pieces of time. In almost all cases the writing process is full of revision, reworking, and rewriting as the story unfolds..

thepenguin

Don't forget to submit your guesses!

If your original guess date has come and gone, feel free to send in another guess!
We have become the creeper...

Cavemaniac

Is it cheating if I say 'today'?

It's always today!

In the same way that tomorrow never comes!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

JF-T

I'm gonna guess mid september... the 10th i think.
Not sure where my post went, was probly deleted sicne i voted it would be august... and august is waving goodbye far behind us in the distance now.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

istinkalot

Mid September is here, lets hope i get it right, some time this month

Kingo

I still say December is a good guess...
Of course, these things can't be rushed :P

J

Looks like today is the day I voted for. If CW3 doesn't get released today, I'll submit a new vote for September 31.

Dark18

Hey J, there no September 31  ;D

I'll vote for September 30, last day of this month