CWIII: Screen Will Not Maximize

Started by cucucu456, October 17, 2013, 01:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cucucu456

I might have a bit of a unique situation, but here goes!

I'm running a dual monitor setup on Windows 8 Professional.  My graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 5750.  Whenever I drag to the top to maximize the game, it automatically goes to the middle of both of the screens.  Whenever I pull either the bottom or the top of the game to try and stretch it, either way the actual game scrolls downward on my screen.  I have tried disabling my second monitor, but the same thing happens -- it acts like it's trying to maximize into half of one and half of the other.

Any help would be appreciated!

Grauniad

Can you position the window on the monitor you want and then use the in-game menu to adjust the size or select full--screen?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

cucucu456

That maximizes the game, which is great!  You would think though that you could drag and just make it a windowed full screen, if you know what I mean.  Like a windows snap so it makes it maximized.  I can't make it actually maximize in windowed mode without it being weird.

MizInIA

You are running Windows 8. Why would you expect anything to be user friendly?  ;)

Grauniad

Quote from: MizInIA on October 18, 2013, 05:53:23 PM
You are running Windows 8. Why would you expect anything to be user friendly?  ;)

Well ouch! I try and not say unkind things to people who have Windows 8. Oftentimes they do not have a choice anymore. We'll just try and help them as much as we can,

I do believe that Windows 8.1 (which can be downloaded as a free upgrade) has improvements in how it handles dual monitors and that it can run the dual monitors in app more for one and Windows Desktop for the other. That may help.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MizInIA

Quote from: Grauniad on October 18, 2013, 05:58:40 PM

Well ouch! I try and not say unkind things to people who have Windows 8. Oftentimes they do not have a choice anymore. We'll just try and help them as much as we can,

I do believe that Windows 8.1 (which can be downloaded as a free upgrade) has improvements in how it handles dual monitors and that it can run the dual monitors in app more for one and Windows Desktop for the other. That may help.

8.1 is infinitely better. And yes it can handle dual monitors and let you maximize or even resize windows on each monitor much like every release of windows prior to 8. I realize 7 is becoming hard to get especially on home computers. And for a phone or tablet it is a reasonable to good OS it just didn't translate well to the desktop. 8.1 will even let you boot to the desktop instead of the tile screen.

I am also sure the 8 is a stable OS they just took away everything that we knew from windows 95 on up through windows 7 and got rid of everything. so for example there is no longer a search on the start bar. to find something that you might need such as the command prompt or control panel you just put your mouse in the middle of nowhere on the tile screen (don't click anything) and start typing followed by the enter key and like magic what you wanted appears(that is if you spelled it correct.)

ps. i would not have put in an dig in on the OS if an answer on how to maximize had not been found.

cucucu456

Quote from: MizInIA on October 18, 2013, 05:53:23 PM

I use it on my desktop without a touch screen and like it.  I'm a CS major and get it for free with my university.  I'll upgrade to 8.1 soon enough.

The in-game full screen thing works well enough.  I would have liked to have a maximize option, though.

Sorry for the late reply, this week has been so hectic.