On The Run feedback

Started by Aurzel, November 22, 2009, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurzel

aww i feel the love :D
but seriously, thats the one thing i had against this rating system, people giving unfair ratings out of spite or because they like/dont like the person that made the map

Kamron3

I noticed that all of the ratings on the things were a bit low. That fails. I gave yours a 5 cuz of it.

_k

knucracker

Well, the whole rating thing is an experiment... both to see how people behave and to see if it is useful at all and something everybody wants to keep.  If the majority of folks don't like the rating system, or abuse it, I can take it down.  Its just supposed to be something to help people get anonymous feedback on their maps.  I'll check to see how its going in a few days to see if it looks fair or not.

There will always be people who are just mean, do random things, click without ever playing, or even rate their own maps 5 and everybody else a 1.

I want to encourage every map maker to let me know what they think about the rating system.

Kamron3

Should be a 10 star system. 5 just isn't enough to tell whether a map is good or bad unless its a 4+.

djcian

i agree with Kamron in that it should be out of 10 stars not 5.  and i think that so far there are not enough people really voting to get an accurate representation of how good a map is but i think we should keep it for now
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Aurzel

10 stars wouldnt fit though, make it in halfs maybe?

and if you all get out your binoculars i think we can just about see the line we crossed from making a suggestion to completely derailing this topic, get back to feedback

Joykill

Sorry for the bump, but I seem to be really stuck on the 6th map... I just cant seem to beat the clock...

I pause game at start, build 3 collectors, 2 to connect generators, 1 towards totems (and I take build time decrease and 10% less costs as upgrades)
once I got the generators, i build 3 blasters and make my way to the middle emitter, I cap it, go on to the totems, then the middle one erupts and I cant seem to control it again... it always erupts again like 20 seconds before I would activate the totems...

Any tips or advice?

I suppose I need to connect them totems before the middle one erupts again but I just cant seem to do it...

EDIT:
I got it now... found a build order to speed things up enough to beat the map :)

EDIT2: just finished part 7, cant wait for the following ones... any eta on part 8? really nice campaign!

Aurzel

thanks, i thought it had gone dead, since i have someone interested i'll get right to work on number 8

Karsten75

Hey, I'm following your suggestion in another thread and I too am playing your campaign. Played 4 or 5 and they're pretty ok.

Joykill

your campaign was the best I played out of all customs (though the fenris campaign is a close second)

I'd love for you to give me (and all others a number 8)

Siccles

I played through your maps too and I think theyre all way too easy (even if they are pretty good).

My scores: 1:9730
                2:9231
                3:9649
                4:9608
                5:8652
                6:9610

didnot play 7 yet

edit:          7:8134

Aurzel

take note siccles, they're the easy early maps
they'll get harder as the story progresses

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on January 08, 2010, 05:36:20 AM
take note siccles, they're the easy early maps
they'll get harder as the story progresses

Not everyone is Siccles. I'm stuck on the 6th map. :(

Joykill

work on your build order... you need to cap the middle emitter asap and then make sure you get to the other side and connect all 3 totems before he erupts again...

Aurzel

you can wait till after it erupts again if you're too slow, just make sure you have an extra blaster or two