Custom Map #371: Darkmega Shipyards. By: Darkmega

Started by AutoPost, November 26, 2016, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #371: Darkmega Shipyards

Author: Darkmega
Size: 480x270

Desc:
Your Fleet comes across a shipyard owned by "Darkmega's Destroyers Incorporated". Darkmega himself greets you and promptly offers to showcase a catalogue of of his ships...but plans promptly go pear shaped!

Darkmega

Attached below are the ships from the map if you manage to save my shipyard.

Starts off rough, but if you can fight back the original first blob of crap, doppels and ships that come through and don't get a million varros coming down on you (since it's set to random) it should get easier. Lots of energy to begin with for rapid building with talking portions/explanations for nearly all the ships as you collect them in the mission around the starting area.
Consider turning off the storage on ninjas and some of the other ships at the beginning until you can get some extra so they don't drain your energy pods.

Anyway, enjoy! Map was a fair while in the making cause of the glitch with allied buildings and the mission goal flag constantly resetting. But a final mission goal turn off and re-finalize seemed to have fixed it in the latest patch. :)

Alexlone

yo dude ive played the map and yea if you can hold off the first blob of particles but the range on the defense cannons that are on the enemy side is wayyyyy too big serisly  is way like half way beteewn the first 2 energy mines and they can still hit me. and the fact that there is only one amp gem factory is kinda crap give like 2 at the start plus the one at the factory so the player can atleast have 3 to start with also. the friendly ship needs to be removed because if ONE carrier plane shot hits the hq you instantly lose. maybe replace it with a ship that looks like the hq but has 2 more cannons belowthe first 2 and 2 more reactors. ok nvm just play the map RTA2 to see what I mean

Darkmega

did it get changed back from having an allied HQ and a normal HQ lets you survive as long as one of the two HQ's survive? cause when I first made the map there was a thing where "my" ship could get killed but you wouldn't lose provided you didn't lose your own ship. but losing your own ship would just make it somewhat awkward.

as for the cannon, just micro your ships around a bit and don't leave weaker ships that don't have shields at the front. it's usually a good idea to pick up the vanguard from the bottom set of licenses and place that right at the front of your units once it's fully powered and it's shields are up. The vanguard can literally take both of those to the nose, no problem if you invest early in bonus energy from mines and move/build speed.
Then you can put stuff things like the barricade behind it, with the pair of frigates nestled in behind the barricades wings. and if you can hold out enough to have the siegemaster/siege platform get built, not many other ships should be able to get through short of a varro or a carrier being cheesy. But even a varro can be taken out easily with a humble ninja/bomber suicide into it's side when it's too busy firing it's guns at something else. Also good for carriers from their weak side cause the bridge is skewed to one side, which is primarily what the missile ship is for: slamming into varros or carriers. After initially taking the mines, usually the best idea to leave the HQ outside of the cannon range far behind with the allied buildings just to harvest the amp factory.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Darkmega on November 28, 2016, 05:34:10 AM
did it get changed back from having an allied HQ and a normal HQ lets you survive as long as one of the two HQ's survive? cause when I first made the map there was a thing where "my" ship could get killed but you wouldn't lose provided you didn't lose your own ship. but losing your own ship would just make it somewhat awkward.

I'm not sure, but right now even if you place a HQ to be built on the enemy team and it gets killed, you will still lose even if your own HQ survives. So I guess the loss upon HQ destruction takes into account any HQ on the map, and it takes only one of them to be triggered. This was a thing I discovered when I set a map to be lost if your HQ was destroyed, and I had a HQ on the enemy team, so when I destroyed it I automatically lost.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Darkmega

ouch, super awkward... D:

good thing I set my blue HQ to regenerate and shoot like 3 times faster, eh? I guess when I was doing the obligatory "play the map and make a score to prove it can be done then upload" part I got lucky that usually all my ships were centered so they were taking most of the fire from the turrets and the like. if you don't mind a bit of starcraft level micro you can always distract the turrets once they're loaded with a laser ninja and make it slide up and down to avoid getting hit or any other unit for that matter.

toolforger

Allied ship.
Accidentally rams enemy ship.
Counts as "you lost".
No real warning.
Rage quit.