[Suggestion] Module Stat Editing

Started by Dasani, October 23, 2016, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasani

I love this game and designing my own ships and so on, but to make a powerful, self-sustaining ship it has to be pretty big.

I just think it would be neat if, as part of the map editor, you could adjust some of the module numbers. For example, bump the Reactor energy rate up to say, 20 or so. Increase laser distance and/or firing rate. Stuff like that. Change the size of the energy pool the storage tank holds. Adjust the range of the energy transfer Port. Make lathes operate faster or at greater distances, etc.

The idea being, you could theoretically create campaign-ish sort of maps controlling one or two ships that weren't crazy large, but could have a bit more leeway.

Imagine a map where you take on the role of a little star ship akin to Voyager for instance. Generates it's own power, has various forms of weapons and defenses, but you can't power all of them at once and you have to balance out what you want to use at any given moment to overcome different challenges. Maybe have a storage of energy to power more than you can generate in short bursts. Etc.

Just some random ideas. Point is, it would allow a lot of extra customization and would allow for some interesting new kinds of maps to pop up.

GoodMorning

Custom modules are coming, they can do what you wish.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.