Custom Map #459: War Base

Started by AutoPost, November 16, 2011, 09:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #459: War Base

Author: Katra

Desc:
Storm the Styglek base room by room. But be careful; some of the rooms will open themselves.

DethbyIT

Very cleverly put together - definitely worth a second play.
Thanks,
dbit

Zaggy

This is a great map; lots of variety, powerups to grab, and lots of possible strategies.  Going for a time record should be a challenge.

My only gripe is the 2-cell enclosed space in the middle that holds a beacon and a wormhole.  If any phantoms reach them, it's game over; there's no way to kill creeper if it gets in there.  In hindsight, I should've destroyed the beacon and wormhole before the game even started, and saved myself a lot of time and frustration.

A solution is to put anti-creeper in that chamber so if a phantom reaches it, the creeper is destroyed instantly, and nothing is destroyed.

DethbyIT

Z - I think that might be simply a 'distractor' that you can safely ignore. If you don't deactivate it at the start, it will continue to use energy for no real purpose. If it is still there when you have units in the area, you can reactivate it.
dbit

Katra

That enclosed beacon wasn't as useful as I thought when I put it in. I never thought about the possibility of it being hit by a phantom.  :-[ (Never happened to me.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

borios

very fun map... loved it.  just please remove that 2 cell space.  mine got hit by phantom as well and i didn't notice until i had already spent the time to beat the map.  very dissapointing, however the good design is not lost.  well done.

DethbyIT

@Katra,
I'm not sure, but I don't think that 2 cell space has any function or significance to the game - does it?

I kind of remember seeing it as I played, but - at best - it is a freebie Beacon.

After reading these last two comments, I'm tempted to play it again just to see what happens.

Maybe I could make better choices this time.
Fun game.
dbit

y0214392

the phantoms get into the enclosed beacon, i quit the mission :/

Nate Dog

Enjoying this map so far, even though it's kicking my butt. Can't wait to finish :)

ZaiLux

That was BRUTAL! Took me a few tries over two days. My first try, the 2-cell area and the enclosed room with the microrift got hit by Phantoms and I couldn't clear it, so on my second try I made sure the first thing I did was put at least two Phantom Coils in there. Finally beat it at 216 minutes. XD Very frustrating, but masterful design.

NickHounsome

And after hours of hard work I read these comments and I finally realise where that untouchable patch of creeper came from.

I'm not doing it all again!

eudrick

WHEW!!!!! That was tough.  NICE MAP!  ;D
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Timmy21

@TEST_C how the hell did you do that in 17 min 2.3 seconds???

CJY101

Quote from: Timmy21 on December 30, 2011, 01:26:22 PM
@TEST_C how the hell did you do that in 17 min 2.3 seconds???

I just only then saw... sorry.
a long time...I need to recall.
The map is divided into.  Left 6 and Right 6.

simultaneously Right 1 and attack down →
(First to get the Crystal and lighthouse)

simultaneously Right 3 and Left 3 and Left 1 and attack down →
(build Reactor and Beacon and get the Micro Rift and Tech Dome)

simultaneously Right 2 and Left 2 and Left 3 and attack down →
(build Reactor and Tech Dome and Beacon)

simultaneously Left 4 and Left 6 and→
(build Reactor and Tech Dome)

simultaneously Left 5 and Right 4 and→
(Full Attack Right 4 and build Conversion Bomb)

simultaneously Right 6 and Right 5 and→ end
(when the Completion of the Conversion Bomb , Began to attack Right 6.)

As soon as possible to get the left 4 and left 3 ,
That is the main source of energy for the locality,
And reach the bottom of the map as soon as possible.
at most simultaneously four directions attack,
Thus shortening the time, but will be very busy.

At that time the screenshot.
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission