Custom Map #444: Plexus

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2011, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #444: Plexus

Author: MonkeyMagic

Desc:
Be quick at the start to stave off the creepers. Massive amount of Drones arrive thereafter so be prepared. End game will test even the best players. Enjoy! MM

Grauniad

"Massive" is probably an understatement.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

dcasso

At little tedious in the end, but hard all the way through.

So you seem to have succeded :) Might get at little laggy if you don't have a fast enougth computer. So you might change som of the emitters to fewer but stronger, and the extremely massive amount of drones to half the amount but double the strength :)

tijno77

uuuh.... lag?? wtf... ur computer from the year 1995?? :)

great map!! chalenging :) just over 50 min, bad start :) I didnt expected drones.. lol. :)

fitz

If you are going to use the AC, I recommend some good shades  :o

dcasso

tijno77: no lag :) and probably the wrong word I used. But I like to be able to just distinguish the drones a little :) and that is entirely impossible on this map :)

eudrick

Now, THAT was a slog.  I loved it.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

UmberGryphon

OK, this map has plenty of people giving it a "thumbs down", but no criticism in the forums.  The bottom right corner, with its six emitters and two express drone delivery systems, is not any fun at all IMO.  I decided it wasn't worth it to finish the map, and walked away.  Hence my "thumbs down".

NickHounsome

The drone emitters can be beaten quite quickly once you get the right tactics.
It's worth persisting with.
A great map

UmberGryphon

Quote from: NickHounsome on November 13, 2011, 05:35:20 AM
The drone emitters can be beaten quite quickly once you get the right tactics.

OK, then enlighten me.  What are the "right tactics"?

Katra

Had to pause/save in the middle due to time. I'm starting to feel like a salmon swimming upstream.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

DarthVader12

I am almost done with this level. What a Slog!

But I am unable to get past this part.

Grauniad

Ore can direct, or influence, the path of drones.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Katra

Max range and fire rate are a must. And a couple launchers per line of advance to help handle the creeper really help. (back around the corner as far as you can while staying in range.) I also used a repulsor or two and a maker per line.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

garry131

This map is a challenge.

I really like it although I still have not beaten it completely.

What I like best was setting up to stave off the stream of drones, while I work in a different area.

Only to realize later that the stream overpowered my defenses, and recovered some of its ground before I could regain a handle on it!

This is fun!