Custom Map #2382: Tunneled in

Started by AutoPost, July 22, 2013, 06:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2382: Tunneled in

Author: Echo Zulu

Desc:
First attempt at a map, I like tough Creeper with time to fight it, so emmiter is fast, and the heath is 2. Please tell me what you think, first map please be constructive.

sblob

I enjoyed your map!

I am also a fan of having reasonable time to build defenses.
This was a good combination of some quick play at the beginning.

Perhaps a little too deep to dig but great map!

teknotiss

i don't see how this map is too deep or long, it's a well judged use of space and a fun map to play, cheers dude! make some more maps!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

MisterX

As mentioned by another, a good start that fixed amount of creeper is enough to keep it interesting especially without shields.
Very good effort.

Angel

Great first map. I agree with everyone, although it was a little to deep. It was a fun map overall. Good work!
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Imposter

Overall pretty good. I agree with some others that it's a little too deep. Probably could have gotten rid of the last bottom section all together.

I also found it amusing that you misspelled creeper as crepper xP (in the intro)

Angel

Quote from: Imposter on July 24, 2013, 09:32:05 PM
Overall pretty good. I agree with some others that it's a little too deep. Probably could have gotten rid of the last bottom section all together.

I also found it amusing that you misspelled creeper as crepper xP (in the intro)

Yeah, he did! :-P Its fine though, we all make spelling mistakes when typing. In my maps, I sometimes spelled -now- as -know- just cause I type it more and its just a force of habbit.
1. Patience.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

teknotiss

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Angel

1. Patience.

Bongo

Pretty decent first map.

One little hint for future maps:

Until you have played this game for at least 6 months to a year you should assume that everyone else is better than you. Still, it's nice to have an easy map for newbies. :)

I look forward to your future maps. Good luck!

foghead

An enjoyable first map, depth and all.  The depth forces a longer time or better planning to git 'er dun faster.  Keep up the good work!  ;D

jeanmiwan

I'm a bit of a lame player (i.e. a player that hates difficult maps).
This map was a little too easy to my mind but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I don't think making emitters needing 2 nullifiers increased the difficulty because :
1 - I was always able to build 2 emitters at the same time against the same emitter.
2 - I was warned beforehand.
The idea to have stronger emitters is good, but don't warn people. The game won't be wasted if the emitter resists my first nullifier attack and I can "scan" the emitters anyway.

I didn't think your map was too deep, since it was easy to dig through it.

That was a good first map ! keep going !