Custom Map #1714: Hey, got a light?. By: Harlequin13X

Started by AutoPost, June 07, 2021, 03:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1714: Hey, got a light?

Author: Harlequin13X
Size: 320x200

InwardChaos

Bit of a tedious mission, but I got it done in just over 30 minutes. 

Deleting the walls in the map clears up a ton of build-able space. Use the first two beacons to reveal the redon and bluite deposits, and micro-rift to the center of the map to get AC generation going asap.
Refineries can harvest nodes in the dark, so getting more beacons is easy. Another beacon-to-micro-rift drop up beside the Dark Tower allows for getting rid of the darkness quickly, and then it's a mop up process.

alche

yeah, i did the same, but just worked my way north, it should be possible to nullify the tower and the creeper very soon into the game if you delete all the walls, you can aslo terraform some and have enough space for air units or rockets..

Karsten75

Some people like mazes, others don't. I'm in the latter category.

CS Z

I quit after clearing the flip breeder.  Way too tedious for my taste.  The walls prevent any sort of sensible progression.  The map looks cool though.

Harlequin13X

Quote from: alche on June 07, 2021, 04:23:25 PM
yeah, i did the same, but just worked my way north, it should be possible to nullify the tower and the creeper very soon into the game if you delete all the walls, you can aslo terraform some and have enough space for air units or rockets..

Yes that is what I intended ^^ The maze look was just to look cool and to provide some creep/AC channeling. If you notice, I left 3 sides of the map open for energy production and mortars, largely unchallenged. I also made sure nullifiers can reach the enemies from the top of the walls. Once you get the basically unlimited greenar, a little terraforming and the clean up is fast ^^ My scores on my maps are always really long times because I just like to watch things develop haha.

Thank you all for your comments and notes! I will keep them in mind for future projects! I really need to learn how to use mods so I can do some fun stuff with PAC, Berthas, sweepers, pipes and other things...

For those of you who enjoyed it, im glad you had fun ^^