Anti-Creep storage - logical error

Started by Martin Gronsdal, December 27, 2018, 12:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Gronsdal

after defeating a map I kept on playing just to test something out:

1. I collected a lot of anti-creep (AC), and upgraded the amount of AC to be stored from the original 200 to several thousands.
2. I destroyed the forge. Of course, all the upgraded abilities went down to original.
3. No AC was spilled from the (edit) command node

I understand that certain abilities, as faster flying air units, may simply be lost. But AC is a physical thing. It can't just dissappear. Also, when one deletes a sprayer, a certain amount of AC is spilled. I think that should be the case with deleting forge/disconnecting it from the grid. AC above 200 should spill from the (edit) command node(s)

J

The AC is stored in the command nodes. It would make more sense if the excess AC was dropped from the command node instead.
From a gameplay perspective, it would be kinda strange to let destroying a forge be the key to winning certain maps, but the AC rain already does the same.

Martin Gronsdal

hi, I corrected my first post, and changed orbital to command node. Does my post make more sense now?

Karsten75

From a lore perspective, assume that the Forge was an integral component of allowing additional ore to be stored on the Command note - after all, you didn't see the Command node grow physically larger or have an appurtenance to store the additional creeper, did you? As such, it was never in a position to be used or accessed once the Forge was destroyed. The reason a command node shed its load of AC on lift-off is that it can't achieve orbital velocity with the load of AC on board.

Grabz

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on December 27, 2018, 12:42:50 PMAlso, when one deletes a sprayer, a certain amount of AC is spilled. I think that should be the case with deleting forge/disconnecting it from the grid. AC above 200 should spill from the (edit) command node(s)
Existing mechanics aside, I think that's a pretty cool idea. Ore is infinite, just spilling it out to prevent waste sounds a lot cooler than stopping production.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

GoodMorning

Regarding "destroying the Forge as the key to winning" - the "disarm" option already works.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.