Help with Lurkily Solar Wind

Started by EricT, April 10, 2014, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricT

I have tried this map every which way, except the way that leads me to victory.  The best I ever get is destroying two spores at the bottom of the map before I get overwhelmed with dripping creeper.  I've tried island hopping and I've tried creating a stronghold in the lower left corner with all three orbitals and using guppies for everything....all to no avail.  Can someone just give me a pointer, a better place to start, or a better strategy.  This map is killing me more than Little Gliese, which was a tough one.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

hbarudi

Ok, I recently completed this one, but took a very long time,
start close to the unusable anticreeper, other places are difficult,
drop the 3 command nodes on three different islands close to the bottom, but put them where you can start building things.
I used lots of blasters and shields to prevent the creeper coming into the island, later I eventually built berthas to stop the 500 density creeper from dripping into space, but the main thing is that I built lots of shields and blasters to hold the islands.
Try this strategy, but if it fails please let me know where are you dying on this map.

EricT

Thanks.  Will do.  I was putting all three CN on the bottom left island and then island hopping with them.  Seemed to work up to a point.  Then came the creeper drip and all hope was lost.  I'll give your strategy a shot and let you know how it works out.  Thanks again.

EricT

Finally finished it.  3hrs 17 mins later.  One hell of a map...especially with the lack of places you can land a guppy.  Trying to power up three guns, two shields, and a nullifier on just one guppy is very tricky.  Great map and thanks for your help.

hbarudi

use lots of blasters and mortars and sprayers to clear an area under the air exclusion towers, then powerzone relays would connect you from one island to another when trying to reach the emitters. See picture attached.